24.A new home?

You woke up to people talking around you but there were only two voices you could hear clearly.

???: "Master, her condition has improved these past four days, she should be waking up soon."

Four days!!? I was sleeping that long.... She is probably gonna get rid of me once I'm back on my feet.... If not sooner than that.

Master: "Great work as usual! I'm glad I have you here doc."

Doc: "Anything for my master~"

Master: "Now theres a limit to how much you can do, we don't want you to get sick now do we?"

Doc: "Always so caring and considerate~"

Master: "You always push yourself, so you need to go and rest."

Doc: "I will go then, although it would be better to have you by my side~"

Master: "Did you forget what we talked about yesterday?"

Doc: "I'm sorry, I'll leave now."

The doctor left but the master stayed. A few seconds past and you felt someone staring at you and shivered.

Master: "You know that there is no point to be pretending to sleep."

You heard footsteps getting closer to your bed. You felt her sit down on the side of the bed and gently place her hand on your shoulder.

Master: "I heard what happened to you and well... No matter how hard you might want to die, I can't let you do that."

Not wanting to face her, you still keep pretending to sleep.

Master: "Listen, while you live here you will understand that this place is the best."

???: "From one cage to another, and your saying that this is the best place!?"

Master: "You will understand with tim-"

Your emotions started controlling you out of nowhere and with pure anger you turned to face her. It was a really beautiful woman with caring eyes but did she really care?

???: "THEN WHAT ABOUT THE OTHERS!? HOW MANY OF US ARE SUFFERING OUT THERE BECAUSE OF PEOPLE LIKE YOU! ALL OF YOU ARE THE SAME!"

Tears start to roll down your cheeks.

???: "You take us in and treat us like we are absolutely nothing! Pets have better treatment then us!!!!"

She stared at you for a few seconds and then returned your anger with a soft smile and a hug. You squirmed to try and get out of her hug but she didn't let go.

Master: "Trust me, I wish I could help the others but I can't, if I do that they will find this place and probably hurt all of you. That's why only a few people know of this place and that's why we only help the ones we can at night. There wasn't a day where I didn't think of myself as a weak human being that couldn't protect all of you but if I could sacrifice myself to save all of you, I would gladly do it without any second thoughts. I know that these cells aren't the best but I have no other choice, this is the only thing I can do to protect you."

It was hard to believe it but none of the words that came out of her mouth seemed like a lie. You never thought that there were people in here that would devote themselves to protecting slaves.

You unconsciously return the hug and smile with tears of happiness. After releasing each other from the hug, she looks you in the eyes and smiles with the most beautiful smile you've ever seen.

Master: "Now before we discuss anything, I'll bring you something to eat."

Something to eat?...Food...

The thought of food made you drool.

Master: "I'll hurry then, I don't want you to eat me~"

She left in a hurry leaving the cell door open too.
....
....
....

Do I want to?

???: "You can go if you want to..."

A voice came from the cell next to yours.

???: "But know that you won't be greeted like this out there and you might not come back alive, if I were you..."

She jumped in to her bed and yawned.

???: "I would stay here, the food isn't bad, we get treated like humans and we aren't locked in, our cell doors are all unlocked. Of course there are punishment if we get in to a fight or do something REALLY bad, it's rare but she sometimes takes us outside to play too."

Your fluffy ears twitch as you hear your master coming.

???: "Well, talk to you later, for now enjoy your life here."

Your master came in to your cell and sat down on your bed.

Master: "How do you want this?"

You looked at her with a puzzled face.

Master: "Do you want me to feed you or..."

???: "I can eat it myself."

You sit down and she hands you everything.

???: "Is this all for me?"

Master: "Who else could it be for? Oh sorry, did your master give you less then this?"

???: "Yeah... A lot less..."

Master: "Tell me, what did he make you do? Oh sorry, you don't have to answer if you don't want to talk about it."

???: "He enjoyed hearing me scream."

She placed a hand on your head and started petting you.

Master: "Then rest assured that he or anyone else won't ever do that to you, I'll make sure of it~"

???: "T-Thank you."

Master: "Just know that we are all a big family here and if anything happens or you will need something, come to me I'll be glad to help."

You nod and start eating.

Master: "I won't disturb you then, get some rest after you're done eating."

She closed the cell door but didn't lock it and left. You ate everything and layed  down on the bed. Feeling full and safe for the first time in your life made you fall asleep really fast.
.
.
.