Chapter 57

The next morning, Fred, George, Lee, and I made our way towards Hogsmeade's carriages, but unlike always, I wasn't excited about this visit.

"So where should we go first?" Lee asked as we arrived at Hogsmeade and got out of the carriages along with the others.

"Zonko's," Fred and George said together, grinning.

     "Why do you guys always come here?" I asked as the four of us entered the joke shop. "I mean... you probably already have everything, don't you?"

     "Well, you see, dear Professor Snappy," George started in a mockingly serious voice. "It's not just about buying new products."

     "Then what is it really about?" I inquired, raising a playful brow as we walked through the crowded shop.

     "Marketing," Fred and George answered in sync.

     "We come here to see what products people usually buy," said Fred.

     "And to get more ideas as to what to invent next," said George.

     "So anything new on your mind?" I asked, stopping by one of the shelves and taking a Sugar Quill in my hand, putting it back after observing it.

     "We're working on Fever Fudges now," said George, looking through the shelves.

"So," Lee started cheekily, walking between where Fred and I stood. "When are you two love birds departing from us? After the meeting?"

     Fred and I gave each other a puzzled look and turned back to Lee who was picking a few things to buy.

     "What do you mean?" I questioned.

      "Er... you know?" Lee shrugged, checking the prices as he said, "I just figured you'd want some time alone for a date."

     "Date?" Fred and I repeated together.

     "Yeah, well," said Lee, putting the expensive stuff back in their shelves. "When a couple go out together, it's called a date. Don't tell me you've never been on a date before," Lee said mockingly, laughing.

     But when he saw Fred and I look away awkwardly and busy ourselves with random things, he quickly shouted,

     "You've never been on a date before!?"

     "Well... we... er..." Fred started, rubbing the back of his neck. Lee turned his look on me for an explanation.

      "I guess we just never... you know... thought about it," I said awkwardly.

      Lee stared between us blankly, as if we were talking in another language. "So you're telling me that you've been going out since summer, and you've never thought about going on a date?"

      "Well..." I started, trying to come up with a logical reason. "We never really had the time or chance. But, we do occasionally get together."

     "And...?" Lee raised a brow.

     "And talk."

     "And...?"

     "And eat cookies."

     "Oh, Merlin," Lee sighed, rubbing his temple to calm himself down and I giggled.

     "Look, it's really not a big deal," I said earnestly.

      "If you say so..." Lee gave us a disapproving look before moving on to other shelves along with George.

     "So glad I'm not dating him," Fred scoffed, receiving a playful grin from me. "Oh, shut up. You know what I mean."

     I chuckled, trying to follow George and Lee, but Fred grabbed my wrist, holding me back.

     "Is it really not a big deal to you?" he asked. "I mean, we could go on dates if you like. Three Broomsticks is a nice place for dates, from what I know. I'm sorry I didn't think about it before. I guess I'm just dense when it comes to these romance stuff—"

     Fred was talking rapidly, but I cut him off as I went on my tiptoes and kissed him. When I pulled away, I caught him smiling.

     "Was that your way of telling me to shut up?" he asked with a grin, repeating my own old words.

     "Exactly," I winked, walking towards the corner of the shop to check out the Nose-Biting Teacups.

     "So you're not mad that we're not... you know... dating properly?" he questioned, walking behind me.

     "Dating properly?" I chuckled, repeating him. "Now that's a load of rubbish if I've ever heard one."

     He laughed. "Why?"

     "Because it's nonsense, that's why!" I grinned. "There are no rules as to how you're supposed to be with someone. And even if it was, I know you're not a follower of rules, and neither am I. And to be honest, I was never a fan of those kinds of dates."

      "Then what kinds of dates do you like?" Fred asked cheekily, hugging me from behind and placing his chin on the top of my head, being so much taller than.

     "I dunno," I shrugged, grinning. "Something fun. I mean, pranking Filchykins last Valentine was pretty awesome."

      Fred laughed, turning me over so I was facing him. "You call setting Peeves to try and kiss Filch a date?"

     "No, but spending the day with you and the elves in the kitchen for detention was cool."

     Fred shook his head at me in disbelief, smiling. "I swear you're something else, Hooper."