CHAPTER 12

I drag my tired body up the stairs to my small apartment, all day's stress catching up to me. Grocery shopping can wait, I will go tomorrow.

I open my apartment door with my key and sigh in relief. I am going to take a long shower and then a much needed long sleep.

'You are early. Good.'

Lana is sprawled on the couch, munching some chips and watching Netflix. I inwardly groan. Here goes my peaceful night.

'Don't you have anything to do? What're you doing here?' I leave my purse on the floor and sit beside her, filling up the little space. The coach squeak under me. I have to change it next month. I note mentally.

'We're going to have a talk.' She ignores my question completely.

'What talk?'

'Don't play innocent. You wouldn't have begged me to sleepover here yesterday, if nothing happened. So spill.'

'You are watching Stranger things? I haven't seen this episode yet.'

'Don't you dare change the subject.' She huffs.

Deterring Lana from discovering something when she is that determined, is not something you can do. It is impossible and not worth the trouble.

I sulkily steal some chips from her. If it is my confession day, I deserve some food in my stomach.

'Hey. It's mine.' She snatches the packet from me.

'Caden kissed me yesterday.'

'Ouch.' Lana accidentally bites her finger while putting chips on her mouth. 'Damn, Sia. Don't joke like that.'

I stay silent.

'You aren't joking, are you? Fuck.' She turns completely towards me, her eyes frantic. 'He forced himself on you, didn't he? That bastard. I'm going to chop his dick off and feed it to the piranhas.'

Oh, how I wish you could really do that.

'Please tell me, you punched him.'

I cringe inside. 'I kissed him back.' I wait for her wrath.

She stares at me for a while, probably to see whether I was serious or not. 'God, Sia.' She slings her arms around me instead. 'Are you ok?'

'I don't know.' I hug her tighter, seeking comfort. 'I thought I was over him. But then- then this happened. I hate this. I hate me.'

Half an hour later, after I pour out my soul to her. She comments. 'We need to get wasted.'

'No. We don't.'

'Come on. Live a little.' She whines.

'You know, my alcohol tolerance level is close to zero.' Besides, clubbing means sweaty bodies and lots of horny people. I don't like either of them. But then again, may be this is what I need. A distraction from all the drama of my life.

'We're going. End of discussion. Hop on the shower and get ready.'

'I don't have dress for this.' I find an excuse, hoping to get out this even though I know, it won't happen.

'I know. You're borrowing mine. I already brought one with me here. Also I'm doing your make up, no complaints.' She pauses dramatically. 'And you're welcome. I know you can't live without me.'

I narrow my eyes in suspicion. 'You brought an extra dress with you? For me? How did you know, we were going to club?' I leave an exasperated sigh as realisation struck. 'We were going to club tonight either way, weren't we? And you would have dragged me with you like always.'