Chapter 27

Look, it's a banner. Isn't it pretty?! o.O Thanks MewMewGirl732

------------

The Pack House looks quite stunning in the light of the night.

Small lamps and candles light up the house's white facade, but they don't take the spotlight from the stars.

It's a sight, to say at least.

Luke picked me up in one of the enormous black vans outside my house a few minutes ago. His charm affected my parents immediately, making them approve of me even possible staying the night at his house. Not that I probably will.

Luke stands beside me, as we lean against the car. I can see how people move inside through the windows, werewolves laughing and enjoying themselves.

"Are you ready?" Luke asks, glancing at me. I have my arms crossed over my chest, covering up the print of the grey t-shirt with cut of sleeves.

I sigh.

"I don't know if anything can prepare me for this." I answer truthfully, still watching the house before us.

"What is it that you're most afraid of? That they won't like you?"

I turn and face Luke, my eyes meeting his. He knows perfectly fine why I'm hesitating.

Luke smiles down at me.

"Don't worry. You have me." He says and unfold my arms, just to place one of my hands in his.

With new found braveness, I tug along Luke so we finally can enter this thing. He catches up almost immediacy, and we walk up to the door.

The moment Luke opens the door to the Pack House, everyone freezes on the spot. They all stop talking, their eyes on me.

Great start.

I shift my weight from one foot to the other, feeling remotely uncomfortable.

Behind me Luke cough slightly, making everyone return to what they were doing almost immediately. But the uncomfortable feeling still lays like a blanket over the room, no one really paying attention to their own conversations, just me.

"How long until dinner?" I ask Luke quietly as he tugs me along to a group of guys that I recognise from school.

"I don't know. Enough time for us to be social." Emight mutters, the sound level in the huge room increasing as people seems to adjust to the fact that I'm here. It gets extra noisy for me, as I hear the wolf-souls to. All having one-sided conversations with their human, mostly back-talking the ones they're having a discussion with.

It's amusing, on some level.

"Guys, I don't think I've properly introduced you." Luke starts and I realise that we now standing in front of the group of eight boys.

"Guys-"

"Dudes without brains-..." Emight cuts in. I suppress a laugh, my nervousness decreasing.

"...-Samantha. " Luke continues, as he ignores his wolf.

"...-Awesome, bold, flawless, amazing-" Emight counts up all the flattering things he can call me.

"Samantha-..."

"-adorable, cute, bad-ass mate-..." Emight finishes of.

"...-Guys"

"...-Dudes who drool over your sexiness."

I choke on air at Emight's last comment, but I play it of as a cough.

Really smooth.

"Nice to meet you." I say sweetly, noticing how some one the guys look at me in something resembling awe. I immediately feel how Emight gets slightly aggravated by this, even if he joked about it before. I take Luke's hand and give it a gentle squeeze which stops him from doing anything.

"So, names!" I continue as the guys don't seem to exited to spark a conversation. Is it really that hard for them to talk? "Since I don't think you would like to be called Guy 1 and etcetera."

They all nod at the same time, even making Luke nod with them. Even though he plays it of as a lame attempt to stretch his neck.

They all call their names which I'll probably remember, before a bell rings loudly. This sets everyone in movement, slowly making their way towards another room, where I guess we'll be eating.

Luke puts his hands on my shoulders, escorting me in the right direction. The room we enter is enormous. White walls and high up to the ceiling, it gets a feeling of spaciousness. There are three tables beside each other, with a fourth one standing in front, facing them. The fourth one is also on something that looks like a stage, so it's higher up then the others. It reminds me a lot of a honour's-table.

Wait, it probably is a honour's-table.

A line of people form in the room, starting at yet another table along one wall, fetching their food. The ones that were early and already taken their food, stands behind a seat on the long benches at the tables. Not eating. When Luke escorts me away from the line and in the direction of the honour's-table, he switches from hands on my shoulders to an arm around my waist.

I don't know how to react to that really, so I don't. I know I like him, (got over that one quickly, thanks mate-bond) but how much? No clue.

On a scale from one to ten where one is 'kind of liking' and ten is 'why don't you just take me to bed', I would say-...

My train of thought gets interrupted when Luke stops in front of a couple of chairs along the honour's-table. He stands on the left of me, to my right a humongous chair. The chair is just yelling "I've got power and I'm rich!".

I cringe slightly at it.

I refocus on Luke, who's proudly smiling down at the crowd, who by now all stand along the tables. Some of them give him amused smirks, others ignore him.

I still don't get why we're standing, my legs are tired.

Suddenly, the door everyone came through shuts, just to be re-entered by a man and I gets chills just by looking at and his mate. A man that I kind of strongly dislike, even if I haven't had a proper talk with him. He struts down the isle between the wall and a table, not even bothering to look at his fellow pack. His mate gives a few of them apologetic looks, as if she's aware of her mate's behaviour.

He walks up the few steps up to the honour's-table, her following, and positions himself behind the chair next to mine. That chair.

An unbothered hand movement later and the pack sits down, still not touching their food. A young girl who is barley aged 14, walks up our table, four plates with the food the rest of the pack got by themselves balancing in her arms.

She puts them down before us, sending me a shy smile as I thank her, and almost trip over herself when she hurries of.

We all wait politely as the Alpha puts a piece of the fish in his mouth, chewing slowly before swallowing.

The pack takes this as their cue to eat.

I quietly eat my food, a thought constantly running through my mind.

Do they always eat like this?

------------------

You guys actually did it. Wow. (It was actually 99 when I updated but...I'll let it slide.)

Guess I'll do the same thing this chapter then. >:)

100 reads, 15 votes and some nice comments and you're there ;)

Until then peeps!

//siggeisthedog