Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 4 // 𝐺𝑟𝑜𝑤𝑖𝑛𝑔-𝑢𝑝 & 𝑔𝑟𝑜𝑤𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑙𝑜𝑣𝑒

《I threw a wish in the well,
Don't ask me I'll never tell;
I looked at you as it fell,
And now you're in my way.

Call me maybe - Carly Rae Jepsen

▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪▪︎▪︎▪︎

"Come on, Grace!! We're going to be late on our first day." Lucas yelled from downstairs.

Yes, I was running late on the first day of my senior year. Well, it's not my fault that the alarm didn't ring.

Or maybe it did & you just turned it off

Okay, fine, it was my fault. But trust me, getting up early in the morning on the first day of your school can be a huge deal. Well, maybe staying up past midnight to complete the fourth season of 'The Vampire Diaries' wasn't a good idea either.
But what could I do? I felt so bad for Stefan. First, he lost the girl he loved, then
he found out his doppelganger is an evil immortal, and then he got locked up in a safe and was buried alive in a watery grave. The season was legit so cruel towards him.

When I finally got up after my multiple alarms, it was twenty minutes until school started. I took two minutes quick shower and don't even ask in how little time I brushed my teeth. I hurriedly got dressed in my jeans and a crop top with a denim jacket over it.

"Grace, come on. We're late!" Lucas shouted again.

"Hold on, Mr. I'm coming." I took a quick look at the mirror and rushed down the stairs.

"I thought I'll see some upgrade looking at the time you took. But you look the same." He mocked me sarcastically.

"Well, sorry to hurt your feelings, loser, but I would rather have my perfect sleep than impressing others," I said, rolling my eyes and walking into the kitchen as he followed.

"Of course you were having a perfect sleep. I was the one who binge-watched TVD episodes."

"Shh..." I hushed him before my Mom could hear him. I greeted her and Paul at the breakfast table as I took a seat beside him.

"Why are you late?" Mom asked, handing me my morning coffee.

"Mom, you know na how clumsy first days can be." I muttered when Paul whispered, "So you're saying, you weren't watching Vampire Diaries past midnight?"

"She doesn't need to know that," I said turning towards him as we both giggled silently.

Two years ago, Mom and Paul got married. They started as friends after a year of Dad's departure. They met at a friend's party and started dating a year later, he would come over sometimes and we talked, played board games, he also gifted me presents and It was always fun to have him over for dinner. It continued for almost a year after which they decided to make it official.

I didn't know whether I'd like him in the future or not. But anyway, I had accepted the fact that Mom wanted him, and marrying him would make her happy again. And thanks to Lucas, who made me realize that he should get a chance. And also, I had a promise to keep.

"Grace, let's go. Eat-in the car. We've just ten minutes to reach school." Lucas grabbed my hand and handed me an apple as we said our goodbyes to Mom and Paul and walked out of the house.