C.36

"why am i here again?" she asked her eyes wandering around the room. yoonhwa was playing with the snow globe until he suddenly barge inside her room asking her to follow him somewhere.

he brought her to his room, which she don't know why. "no reason"

"huh?"

"do i need a reason to see you?" he asked staring deeply into her eyes. she froze on her spot as she could feel heat rushing up to her cheeks. she looked away when a smirk crept up his lips.

"are you blushing?" he asked that caused her to grabbed one of his pillows attempting to throw it towards him. a soft chuckle escaped his mouth amused with her reaction.

"i shouldn't be here in the first place" she murmured placing the pillow back at its place before advancing to where haechan was.

haechan's eyes then went back to the file that he was holding. johnny gave it to him a few days ago. a frown appeared on his face as he read the names and their informations.

"what are you reading? isn't that rowoon?" he immediately close the file and saw her leaning to look at it. she straightened her body her eyebrows raising.

"you know him?" his voice become deeper than usual. "uh..well i met hwiyoung at the hospital-" her shoulders flinched when he slammed the table.

"what?!"

"he told me that his friend was sick.. or something. and rowoon was there too. he's hwiyoung's friend" she continued as his eyes turned darker.

shivers went up to her spine when there was a deadly aura surrounding him. his eyes death glaring the file in front of him as if he was thinking something.

"what's wrong?" she asked a bit worried. haechan shook his head saying that it was nothing. but she was having a bad feeling.

yoonhwa's eyes caught a sight of a long black box on top of his work table. she tilted her head her eyebrows furrowing slightly. haechan noticed her curious look and followed where her gaze was.

he grabbed the box staring at it for a moment before he open the lid. the thing inside reflected the light inside the room. "silver dagger" she whispered.

haechan took the dagger out extending his arm to her. yoonhwa glanced at him- he looked as if he wanted her to hold it. she went to grab it carefully not wanting to cut herself.

few images flashed through her eyes. an old memory which she tried to forget.

she was pulled out from the closet. the old man holding her by her hair. she screamed hoping for someone to help her but no one did. even hwiyoung couldn't do anything. the little girl squirmed in his grasp- her eyes caught a shiny object on the floor.

she bit his hand and when he let go she quickly went to grab that object and throw it at the man. she didn't know how much force she threw it towards him but it stabbed his leg.

"yoonhwa?" she snapped back to reality and saw him looking at her concerned. she smiled and shook her head.

he watched her fingers traced the linings on the sharp blade as a certain memory came into his mind. she saw a letter engraved on the dagger and touched it with her fingers. the letter 'n' was quite familiar.

"what does this mean?" she asked referring to the letter as she looked up from the dagger to haechan who was staring her blankly. his eyes flickered to the letter on the dagger. the side of his lips tugging upwards.

"nano" he answered simply. her eyes widened. "you mean the assassin?" he chuckled seeing her reaction.

"her name is jung haerin"

"how come you have her.. signature weapon?" haechan leaned forward and placed his chin on top of his palm.

"she gave it to me" he said. "i supposed you know that she's one of our members"

her eyebrows furrowed and she shook her head. yoonhwa used to do some research about that assassin and she find it quite interesting how she could get away easily without leaving any trace behind.

but that was years ago. and she didn't know what she looked like.

then the image of the big portrait at the old headquarter came into her mind. there were two girls, if she's not mistaken.

"is she the one with the wavy brown hair?" yoonhwa asked excitedly. haechan raised his left eyebrow.

"no. she's the one with the violet eyes" haechan grabbed the frame on the table turning it around so she could see it. it was the same exact picture as the portrait.

the long black haired girl that was standing beside jisung and haechan. there was one thing that attracted her the most.

violet eyes

"she's pretty" she said half whispered. haechan stared her face for a moment.

"yeah she is" he stated monotone. yoonhwa felt his intense gaze and turned to look at him. he had an unreadable look on his face.

"but you're prettier"