Chapter Fourteen

It was the night of the gala. Abigail was applying a dark shade red matte lipstick that accommodated her dress when Stephanie walked into her room and paraded in front of her. Her jaw dropped as she admired how beautiful her friend looked in her navy blue V-neck lace mermaid evening dress that she looked absolutely gorgeous in. She had styled her long brunette hair in a wavy ponytail. Her make-up was also well done as Tanya, their neighbor offered to do their makeup for them and to also look after Emily for the night.

“You look beautiful Steph”, tears welled up in Abigail's eyes before her friend walked towards her, laughing at her as they waved some air into her eyes to stop the tears from falling down her cheek. She also tilted her head up and laughed.

“You're going to ruin your make-up”

“I know. I know”, she composed herself before taking a deep breath again. “I'm fine now”

“Now, take off this off. I want to see how you look”, Stephnie demanded as she undid the knot of her friend's gown and helped her out of it. She grasped at the sight of the woman standing opposite her.

“Oh my God Abbie”, she exclaimed as she swirled her around. When they went last minute shopping for those outfits, none of them actually thought they would look so good in them.

Abigail was wearing a red satin sweetheart neckline with straps tea ankle length dress. Her hair was styled in a short wavy lob with her brownish blond hair accommodating her entire look.

“You look breathtaking”, Stephanie took her in with her eyes. “You sure look good in red”, she complimented and Abigail gave a little bow.

“Tonight, you're definitely going to find yourself a man looking this hot”, Abigail added as the two women stood in front of a mirror, she felt Stephanie pinch her arm and she winced in pain

“Shut up”, she hissed playfully before they laughed together

“Wow”, they heard Tanya exclaim as she stood at the doorway. “You guys look stunning”, she grasped and the two ladies thanked her.

“Ian is here”, she announced before Emily stood in front of her

“Hurry up Mommy. You can't keep Ian waiting”, they all laughed at how serious she looked.

“We're going”, they chorused together before Abigail picked her clutch bag from the bed. They both kissed Emily on the cheek before they walked to the lounge.

“Be good okay?”, Stephanie smiled at her, and she nodded her head. “We love you”

“I love you too”

“Thanks again Tanya for looking after her”, Abigail hugged her

“Sure thing Abbie. Be sure to have fun and don't worry about us. We'll be okay”.

“If there's anything you nee-”

“You'll be the first person I call”

Ian and Luther were standing in the center of the lounge, arguing about sports before their gaze fell upon the two women walking towards them, both their lips slightly parted as they admired their infinite beauty

“Wow you two, you look amazing”, Ian wolf whistled as he took a step towards them before they could reach where they're standing. They thanked him whilst smiling.

“Ms Haines”, Ian took her in his arms as he took her in with his eyes again. “You literally just knocked all the air from my lungs. You're breathtaking”, he kissed her cheek and she giggled.

“You don't look so bad”, she joked as she adjusted his bow tie for him. Both men were wearing black tuxedos, looking as handsome as they had ever been.