Chapter 15

Tonight was the night of the ball, A week had finally passed and both were dreading what was yet to come. Everett was the main problem they were worried about.

Evelynn more than ever wished nothing but to smoke for hours, She fiddled with her fingers while sitting on her bed in slight fear. Eying her boxed up dress.

All of that talk about hating her mother and what she’d wish she could do. Yet not a damn thing had changed. She hated herself for being like this.

“I’m fucking strong, I know it. Akali even knows it. Our friends know it. So why can’t I just get this over with?” She whispered to herself.

Thoughts of what could happen tonight flooded her mind.

In response, Evelynn bit down on her palm, Not even flinching from the sharp pain that snapped her out of her thoughts.

Blood seeped from her palm, The metallic taste felt terrible. 

No, She felt terrible.

Thinking of her childhood as she washed out her mouth and cleaned her hand. All Evelynn wanted was to live a normal life and be a normal girl.

Some things are simply impossible, No matter what.

She thought of the girl in another room a few feet apart from her. Akali was so pure and sweet like honey to her. So many times, She’d acted differently than any man she’d ever met. She was caring and filled her heart with something. In the form of a girl it felt like critization had yet to come.

Society and the world was cruel to free will.

She didn’t give a damn.

“Hey Eve? Are you almost ready?” Akali called out, Knocking on the door.

Her amber orbs snapped towards the door as she glanced back at her hand.

“Y-Yeah. Give me some time to do my make up and finally put on the dress.” She replied, Grabbing the box and going into her bathroom.

Akali smiled in excitement for tonight. Evelynn had chosen to take her rather than anyone else. No matter what would happen, She’d do her best to act accordingly and have fun. Maybe even dance the night away like they did in their freetime at the club, And that fateful day at the bar. 

Evelynn looked through her collection of makeup, She’d already showered and used a face mask so her pale face was clean and pristine.

She grabbed a small stick of purple lipstick and pressed it to her lips. Her once light pink lips were now a dark purple.

Eve began to tie back her hair into two french braids at the side of her head connecting to a perfected bun. 

Blinking, She stared at her reflecting, Padding her face gently with a light foundation. It gave her once pale face a light skinned complexion rather than a sickly pale.

After at least 30 minutes of touching up, Evelynn stripped off her clothing and glanced at her dress with a reluctant sigh.

It was currently the afternoon as she got dressed. 

“It isn’t slutty like my mother. But it’ll be perfectly normal.” She muttered with a sigh as she stepped out of her room.

“Hey, When are we leav-” Akali paused.

“Woah.”

Evelynn snickered. 

“Did I go too all out? I have to look like the perfect girl after all.”

Akali shook her head with a soft smile, Ignoring her raging blush.

“Not at all, You look amazing in fact. I love what you did with your hair.” She blurted.