"Girls like that don't come along that often,"

MARINETTE'S POV

I feel the wind blowing through my hair as I run across the rooftops, parallel to Chat, who grins at me. The feeling of carefreeness is so liberating and adrenaline courses through my body.

I love being ladybug.

"And I love being Chat Noir, milady," My companion says besides me.

Yes, i said that out loud.

As we slow down and walk towards the sounds of the screams, we quickly analyse the scene. Bricks are torn from buildings and rubble on the roads, cars fuming as people try to leave Paris. There's smears of charcoal and ash on the civilians faces, and some police cars strewn across the view, sirens blaring, some crashed, some upside down, some teetering and waiting helplessly for the fate gravity holds.

I think this is the first akuma where people are actually going to be injured. We're gonna have casualties, and even possibly deaths.

I try not to think of that too much, holding myself responsible for all that would be too much for me to digest and with the stress I have already, its not needed.

"I don't see her," Chat states the obvious, and I roll my eyes, "No shit, Sherlock,"

"Well, to a great mind, nothing is little,"

"Dear God! What is it like in your funny little brain? It must be so boring," I fire back.

"The devil's due a soul, I'd say," he retorts.

I just stare at him with disbelief.

"The game is afoot," I'm not letting him win.

"They were right about you, you're a bloody psychopath,"

"High functioning sociopath..with your number," I smirk as he gapes.

"Why are you doing this?" He slips out of character, but I can quote Sherlock in my sleep.

"I want to solve the problem.Our problem.The Final Problem.It's going to start very soon, Sherlock. The Fall.But don't be scared.Falling's just like flying except there's a more permanent destination,"

Chat understands my double meaning, "milady, please stop,"

"No," I step out of character for a second, "It's fun,"

"Why?" He despairs, and it's so funny to see him in denial.

Obviously, he's being melodramatic.

"In a world of locked rooms, the man with the key is the king, and honey, you should see me in a crown," I finish, "Ok, I'm done, but I can't quite believe that you watch Sherlock. Who knew that the stray cat actually has some good taste,"

"Ha ha very funny, bugaboo."

As I'm about to speak, a police officer stops by us, and Chat and I stop and exchange glances.

Maybe joking and punning was a tad inappropriate given the current situation we're in.

"Have you seen the akumatised victim?" My leather-clad partner asks.

The officer shakes his head, "She seems to vanish and reappear as she pleases. After causing some havoc, of course. Officer Gregory Jones," He shakes hands with Chat and I, "We've been trying to get our men to tame her, but she isn't budging,"

Chat huffs, rolling his eyes, "You can't 'tame' her, this an innocent girl who's vulnerable and being preyed on. She's not an animal,"

"I, erm, good point. Sorry. What I was meant to say is that we've been trying to rein the situation in but it isn't going well. And of course, it's a bit of a problem when we, the national police force, can't take control,"