Marry Me

Rose

I was in our room just scrolling through my phone and waiting for Nate to come back.

He said he had some business with the boys and I went out with Serenity, but we came back a little earlier.

Suddenly the door burst open and my whole body shook. I was scared there for a second but then I saw Nate coming in with a goofy smile.

"Hello love" He said kissing the crown of my head.

He sat in front of me and just stared at me. He seemed unusually happy which concerned me a lot.

"Okay what did you do now?" I asked putting my phone down.

"I didn't do anything" He said frowning.

"Then why are you so happy?"

"I just wanted to ask if you want to go out today" He said with a bright smile.

"Of course" I chuckled, "Why would I say no, silly?"

"That's great thank you" He said biting his lip to hold back his smile.

He has something planned that's for sure, but his expression is the cutest thing.

"Did anything happen? What's the occasion?" I asked.

"Nothing I just missed you"

"We spend everyday together" I chuckled.

"I still miss you"

I laughed and kissed his cheek hugging him. I was so comfortable around him now that it shocked me sometimes.

"So should I get ready?" I asked, "Where are we going?"

"I-it's a surprise" He said.

"What should I wear?"

"Anything. You'll be perfect whatever you wear" He said, "Or you know you could just, not wear anything-"

"Nate!"

"Okay I'm sorry" He laughed and put his hands up in surrender, "Just dress simple but nice"

______

I ended up putting on a casual dress. Dresses weren't really my style since I loved baggy clothes, but this one looked nice and casual.

"You're beautiful" He commented as he drove.

When he saw me he didn't really say anything. He just stared at me and mumbled 'so pretty'.

"Thank you" I said, "Now tell me what got into you. Did anything happen?" I asked concerned.

Maybe he was going away for work. Or maybe he wanted to break up with me or-

"I just want to spend some time with my girl, is that too much to ask?"

It was dark outside and I didn't know where we were going. It seemed pretty isolated but there were some other cars as well driving down the road.

"Okay we're here" He said and pulled over.

Here? What is here?

He slid over the front of the car and opened the door for me.

"Nate where-" I trailed off as soon as I turned around and saw the view.

We were at the beach. An empty beach. The view was amazing with the moonlight hitting the water.

This brought back many memories. I used to go to the beach with my grandparents and my parents when I was a child. It's been so many years since I've seen it.