Chapter 3: Just Die Already

(Title card by paransomico)

It was Tuesday October fifteenth.

Bright and sunny and warm.

Maggie opened her eyes to the burning sunlight and shut the blinds with a snarl. She hated waking up with things shining in her face.

She got out of bed and lumbered her way to the bathroom to wash her face and brush her teeth. bending her knees slightly because (big shock) the bathroom mirror isn't  positioned correctly for someone of her stature and she has to stoop to see her whole head.

She pulled out the Acne-sheen face cream and slathered it on her rashy blotches. Then she powered her face so that the cream didn't show up as much.

Then came the eyeshadow and liner. Making sure to really capture the sense of crushing misery and furious anger she felt on a daily basis.

........

Her mother had already laid breakfast on the table and was fussing with the kitchen tap. Breakfast was a big plate of scrambled eggs, bacon and four slices of toast

"Faucet still broken?" Maggie asked

"Uh-huh. I'm going to have Dave come over and take a look at it. It has to be a flow problem because I've replaced the taps and screwed them on tightly."

"Why not just call a plumber?"

"Because plumbers are expensive honey. Alright? Now I almost- hey!!"

"What?" Maggie said with her mouth full.

"Half of those are mine thank you."

Maggie looked down and realized she had been eating off of the full plate of scrambled eggs instead of taking her portion. Now two thirds of the eggs were gone. 

She rolled her eyes and began scooping the rest of the eggs onto her mothers plate. Dinah sighed, "Oh fine, I'll make some more.  Just leave me some-"

"Bye mom." 

Dinah Lacroix turned around to find her daughter gone and every scrape of breakfast had been eaten.

"Toast....to take my pills with....siiiiiiigh...."

..............

At the crosswalk Maggie was accosted by an annoying bug. 

Bug being her codeword for "friendly gentleman who likes to talk."

"Morning there sunshine!"

Maggie took a deep breath. She had met this guy before. She just had to keep her cool.

"See any low flying planes? I'm just messing with you. L-O-L you know?" He laughed

Maggie cringed and gritted her teeth. Does this guy talk about anything else?

"Hey, your face cleared up this morning! That's nice. You were kind of spotty yesterday but you look much better this morning."

That called for profanity but Maggie settled for a withering glance.

The guy was about forty years old. Chunky fella in bright orange and sporting a pencil moustache. His reddish-orange hair starting to thin out. He held a red leash with a tiny little peckanese dog at the end of it. Maggie bumped into this guy every morning without fail since she started going to high school.

Not by choice, its just that her walk to school happened to go at the exact same time as this guys morning dog walk. 

They always bumped into each other at this EXACT same spot every day. and every day it was the same.