27

I'm finally going to catch him

I'm finally going to catch him. I thought as I strolled through the empty streets. The sun had already set a while ago and the darkness of the night overtoon the city. There weren't many people around, mostly just workers getting back to their homes after their extended shifts.

I was of course by myself like I had promised. I wasn't one to break promises unless completely necessary. That's why I took the chance since Naeun was going to spend a night at the mansion where Taeyong is staying.

As I turned the corner I noticed how familiar this street was. It didn't take me long to figure out that Jisung lives somewhere around here. 

That's why I began hanging my head low, in order to not get recognized, just in case. This had to stay a secret afterall.

But as I was passing by the numerous streets, I looked up at the sudden noise of a door being thrown open. To my surprise I turned to the left and was met with Jisung's quite big home. There in the door frame, there was a man, maybe in his mid-40ies, holding a golf club in hand. It didn't take me long to also see the figure laying on the ground in front of the front door.

The man was screaming and I could not understand anything that he was saying since I was too far away, but through my sharp eyesight, I saw him throw a kick at the boy who was on the ground, defenseless.

My blood began to boil as I glared at the man, but he hadn't noticed me yet. That's why I turned off my planned route, and quietly jumped over the low fence into Jisung's garden.

The screams became more understandable and louder as I approached, silently. None of the people on the front porch had noticed me yet. 

"YOU DISAPPOINTMENT, HOW DARE YOU TALK BACK TO ME?!" The man yelled his head of and I watched as his feeble wife tried to hold him back.

"Honey, you're already hurt him enough!" 

"GET OFF, WOMAN!" I saw him push backwards, causing the woman to let go off him and stumble back. "Now you little rascal-"

He raised the golf club above his head using both hands and Jisung shut his eyes.

At that moment everything else went silent. Things began to move in slow motion and I could only hear my own breathing. I didn't waste time and lunged towards them and as the metal began going down at a furious speed towards the teenage boy, I caught it using my hand.

It did hurt, but it was incomparable to how much I was raging right now. I looked the man in the eyes and his eyes widened, but not for too long as he then reciprocated my facial expressions.

"Who are you?!" He yelled out angrily at me.

"I'm someone who will report you to the police if you don't lower your weapon." I said through gritted teeth, still holding the gold club tightly as he tried to take it out of my grip.