eleven

Tony walked into the Avengers Mansion with Steve by his side

Tony walked into the Avengers Mansion with Steve by his side. Pixie gasped, nearly dropping the plate of finger sandwiches she had made for everyone.

"Tony!" she exclaimed, shoving the plate into Bruce's large hands before rushing toward the man and tackling him into a hug.

Steve laughed, tucking his shield between his arm and armpit. Tony doubled back, a hesitant hand patting her on the back.

"I haven't seen you in forever!" she exclaimed.

"You came over last month for dinner," he replied.

She pouted. "A month is a long time. Steve told me you said no. What changed your mind?"

Tony shrugged, attempting to act nonchalant. "The kid."

"Oh."

She remembered Peter Parker. He was attached to Tony as his lab assistant and sidekick. He was a bright teenager whose mouth could never rest, but Pixie liked that about him because the two could have hour-long conversations with each other. He had disappeared along with fifty percent of the world's population because of Thanos.

Pixie pressed a kiss to Tony's cheek. "I made finger sandwiches, but Bruce will probably eat those all. I have a carbonara cooking, clam chowder with bread, grilled chicken salad, and pie for dessert. Take your pick."

"You're too good to us, fairy-dust. Have they been treating you like a slave? I bet they are. You know, you can always come live with Pep, Morgan, and I. We'll pay you as our private chef too. No slaving over a hot stove all day because of these brutes," added Tony.

Pixie giggled. "I'm not slaving over, Tony, and you know that. Come on, you guys can talk business at the table. Nat should be getting the table set up."

"How are you and Merida?" Tony asked, completely ignoring Steve as he walked with Pixie to the kitchen.

"Did you just refer to Nat as a Disney princess?"

"Course I did. Answer the question."

She rolled her eyes. "Natasha and I are good. Without giving away too much so that she doesn't get mad at me, she stills throws up every now and then, but it's gotten better. This...is giving her a lot of hope, Tony. I trust you."

"Good, because you really shouldn't."

Pixie sighed. "You're always such a pessimist."

"Would I be Tony Stark if I wasn't? I've gotten far being a pessimist."

"And nearly ended the world, like, twice," Pixie retorted.

"Look who's the pessimist now," said Tony.

Pixie rolled her eyes. "The energy you give is the energy you get."