Chapter 48

Season 2, Episode 5- Venomous

On Monday Morning...
In English Class...

I was casually sitting at the desk I always sat at, as I doodled little random drawings in my notebook. It was a rather chilly but warmish kind of day, so I wore a simple white crop top with a high waisted pale pink skater styled skirt and a denim jacket with pair of brown high heeled combat boots. "Guys." Stiles whisper-shouted. "I just talked to my dad who just talked to Jackson and I've got a really terrible, horrible, very, very bad news." Stiles ranted on and on. "I think we already know." Stiles informed. Isaac was back.

An hour later...

"Alright, I only found one thing online called a kanima. It's a were-jaguar from South America that goes after murderers." Stiles explained. The kanima looks like a lizard and sounds like a lizard. It does not look anything like a jaguar, I thought. "That thing was not a jaguar." Scott corrected. "Yeah and I'm not exactly a murderer." Stiles snapped. "Yeah, but you did see it kill somebody, which is probably why it tried to kill you guys. And, it's still trying to kill you guys and it probably won't stop until you're dead." Scott rambled on and on. Stiles and I came to halt and exchanged kind of furious looks. "You know, sometimes I really begin to question this friendship." Stiles snapped. Stiles and I walked hand-in-hand to Economics class. I walked inside, as I sat at a desk in front of Stiles. "Hey, testicle left and right." Jackson greeted. Jackson is seriously a terrible trash talker, I thought. "What the hell is a kanima?" Jackson questioned. Uh oh, I thought. I shot Jackson a 'what-the-hell-did-you-say' look. "Alright, listen up." Coach demanded. "A quick warning before we begin our review. Some of you, like McCall, might want to start their own study groups because tomorrow's midterm is so profoundly difficult. I'm not even too sure I could pass it." Coach explained. Good thing that I've been studying for 2 weeks non-stop, I thought.

"Okay, I need a volunteer at the board to answer the first question. Who's got it, huh? Come on, let's go, buddy." Coach rambled on and on. I was not mildly interested in class' discussion because I was questioning how Jackson found out about the reptile lookalike killing creature. "Paralyzed from the neck down. Do you have any idea what that feels like?" Jackson whisper-shouted. "We're familiar with the sensation." Stiles and I responded in unison. "Wait – why would Derek test you? Why would he think that it's you?" Scott questioned. "How should I know?" Jackson shrugged. "Wait, do they think it's Lydia?" I questioned, curiously. "I don't know. All I heard was her name and something about chemistry." Jackson explained. "Jackson." Coach shouted. I jumped slightly startled at Coach's outburst. "Do you have something you want to share with the rest of the class?" Coach questioned. "Um – just an undying admiration for my – my Coach." Jackson slightly stuttered. "That's really kind." Coach responded. "Now, shut up. Shut it. Anybody else?" Coach demanded.

"How do we know it's not her?" Scott questioned, as his fists clenched Stiles' sleeve. "Because we looked into the eyes of that thing, okay! And, what I saw was pure evil. And, when I look into Lydia's eyes, I only see 50% evil." Stiles explained. "Alright, maybe 60. You know, but no more than 40 on a good day." Stiles rambled on and on. "Stiles, that's not a very good argument." Scott commented. "I'm aware of that, but I swear it's not her. It can't be, alright? Lydia's fine." Stiles reassured. I sighed in annoyance, as I began to copy down the notes that were written on the blackboard. I bit my bottom lip in concentration, as I ensured I copied the notes down correctly because I was so close to averaging an A in Economics. I was interrupted as I noticed that my strawberry blonde-haired friend was hyperventilating at the front of the class. Lydia gasped, as her gorgeous green eyes snapped open. "Okay then. Anybody else want to try answering? This time in English?" Coach questioned, as the classroom of students started to laugh at Lydia hyperventilating. "Shut it. All of you." I shouted. "What is that? Greek?" Scott questioned. "No, actually, I think it is English." Stiles informed. I slightly turned, as my boyfriend presented a picture of the notes Lydia had written on the blackboard. The words read 'someone help me'. Poor Lydia. What is happening to her?

In Chemistry Class...

"Derek is not gonna kill her without proof." Scott reassured, as Stiles, Scott and I walked inside the chemistry classroom. "Alright, so he tests her like he did with Jackson, right? But, when and where?" I shrugged my shoulders. Scott sighed in frustration. "I think here and now." Scott informed, as Erica and Lahey waltzed into the class. I plopped down on the unoccupied seat besides Lydia, as Stiles sat on the other side of Lydia. "Einstein once said, 'two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity. And, I'm not sure about the universe.' I myself have encountered infinite stupidity." Mr Harris started off and patted Stiles' shoulder at the sentence, 'I myself have encountered infinite stupidity.' "So, to combat the plague of ignorance in my class, you're going to combine efforts through a round of group experiments. Let's see if two heads are indeed better than one. Or in Mr Stilinski's case, less than one." Mr Harris discussed. "Erica, you take the first station. You'll start with –" Mr Harris was cut off, as almost every boy student and a couple of girl students in the class raised their hands. I rolled my eyes in annoyance. "I didn't ask for volunteers. Put your hormonal little hands down." Mr Harris commanded. "Start with Mr McCall." Mr Harris suggested. "Alright, next two." Mr Harris said. This is so not gonna end well.

Several minutes later...

I concentrated fully on the experiment, as I was paired with Stiles to work on the experiment on the first station. "So, um – about last weekend. Did you wanna – you know – do it?" Stiles questioned. "Probably not the best time to talk about it, Stiles. But, to cut it short – if my mum didn't walk in on us, I would've wanted to take it all the way." I commented. "Ooh – wow – aha." Stiles blushed in embarrassment, as a giggle slipped past my lips. "Switch." Mr Harris demanded. I was now stuck with a guy who basically didn't bother to work on the experiment – at all. "And, switch." Mr Harris demanded. I sighed in frustration, as I was now stuck with a girl who only cared about the presentation of her nails. "You could at least help, ya know." I informed. "No, thank you. The chemicals will ruin my nails." The brunette girl commented. I rolled my eyes in annoyance.

Oh shit, I thought. Isaac was now working on theexperiment with Lydia. Not a good sign,not a good sign, I thought. "If you're trying to test my patience, MrStilinski. I guarantee it'll be a failing grade." Mr Harris almost threatened.I pretty much worked on the experiment without one tiny bit of help. "Time." MrHarris commanded. "If you've catalysed the reaction correctly, you should nowbe looking at a crystal." Mr Harris explained. Perfect, I thought, as I admired the beautiful crystal. "Now, forthe part of that last experiment I'm sure you'll all enjoy. You can eat it." MrHarris discussed. Eww, no thank you, Ithought. "Lydia." Scott shouted, as I jumped slightly startled at Scott'soutburst. "What?" Lydia questioned, as my breath hitched at the back of mythroat as a clear liquid – also known as kanima venom – dripped off of thecrystal. "Nothing." Scott shrugged. I gulped down the lump that was stuck atthe back of my throat, as Lydia took a bite. Nothing happened. Nothing happened at all.