four

☾☾☾☾

☾☾☾☾

Chapter four

Olivia's eyes slowly peeled open, taking in her surroundings bit by bit. The air was cool and still, the steady beeping sounds of nearby machines pumping all around. She silently came to the conclusion that she was in a hospital room, how? She had no clue.

Her head was still pounding from the recent chain of events that had occurred, her whole body was physically drained as if she had just run a marathon– even moving her eyes was tiring.

Then, she heard a familiar female voice that was speaking outside of her hospital room.

"Could I stay by any chance?" the voice said.

Olivia looked through the small window of the door and saw a nurse talking to what seemed like about four teens that were standing close to her door.

A brunette, red head, and then two brown haired boys. She didn't know any of them, so why were they here? Last time she checked, she didn't have any friends.

She heard them walk away, feet padding against the tile floor fading farther away, but then the door unlocked.

A hispanic curly haired lady stepped in with her back to her, so she couldn't see that her patient was already awake and on high alert.

Olivia didn't know her and from what she could tell, she looked like a nurse from her scrubs and the stethoscope hung around her neck. The woman seemed fairly tired from her slouching posture and long sighs.

The nurse started to walk back towards her, putting what seems to be a medical chart to her side. When she finally looked up, she practically jumped out of her skin. "Oh, hey!" she chuckled, "You scared me." The woman smiled kindly as she put her hand on top of her rapidly beating heart.

Olivia sat up in her bed and visibly flinched as she etched closer. "I'm not going to hurt you, you're safe here."

Am I though? Olivia thought to herself, growing suspicious of her surroundings.

Olivia gulped nervously as the nurse checked her vitals and her wounds, often catching the woman glancing at her from the side. Should she be on alert right now? Is this person really going to help her– and who were those people outside?

Nothing made sense at the moment. How did she even get here in the first place?

So many questions, not enough time.

Melissa stared at the girl worryingly as she tried to process how this, maybe sixteen or seventeen year old girl, survived with these gashes all over her body or how she got them. It was quite miraculous if she was a regular girl, but Lydia had already explained she was far from one.