Chapter 4

The next morning Molly woke up earlier than she usually did on Saturdays. Her mind kept wandering back to the conversation with Jotaro, and how she was supposed to meet him for dinner later that day. Why on earth did I agree to it? She sighed and mentally face palmed. She looked over to Kakyoin's bed, he was still fast asleep. Her face softened when she looked at her best friends relaxed sleeping position, allowing her to relax a little bit herself.

She got out of bed and walked over to Kakyoin, pulling the blanket over his sleeping form. She kissed his forehead, like a mother would kiss her child's, and whispered

"I'll go make breakfast for us, sleeping beauty. Don't snooze for too long"

Kakyoin mumbled something incoherent and she giggled a bit, silently slipping out of the room and down to the kitchen. She rummaged through Kakyoin's fridge, and decided she'd make fried eggs and bacon, a classic breakfast. She got to work, and hummed a song while frying the greasy strips of meat, followed by the eggs. She considered waking up Kakyoin, but decided to let him wake up by himself. He must be tired from all the work at school, he deserves some rest she thought, and placed his portion on a plate in the fridge.

Her nervousness had slowly started building up again, so instead of just sitting around and waiting for Kakyoin to wake up, she opted to go for a stroll instead. Being outside always seemed to calm her down, and before she knew it she had walked her way over to a seemingly empty field. Wait, is that... Josuke and Jotaro? And Koichi and Okuyasu? What in the world are they doing out here? She stopped dead in her tracks, pondering for a second what her next course of action should be.

Since it didn't seem like they had noticed her, she decided to quietly follow them, and see for herself where the bunch was headed. It looked like they were headed to the harbour, which only confused her more. Her hunches had been correct, they were headed for the harbour, and once they arrived Molly snuck behind some containers to try and listen in on the conversation. She was too far away to hear anything though, much to her dismay.

After a while she peeked her head out from behind the container to see what was going on, only to notice that Jotaro and Okuyasu had hopped on a motorboat and drifted away. She squinted her eyes and noticed another ship cruising in towards the harbour. That must be their target she thought, and now that only Josuke and Koichi were left, she decided to confront them about what was going on.

She walked out from behind the container, and only when she spoke did the duo notice her presence.

"Josuke-kun, Koichi-kun, what are you two doing here?" she asked ever so innocently, as if she hadn't followed them here. They were both startled by her appearance and quickly turned around to meet her, Josuke's brain was running a mile a minute to come up with some sort of excuse. The teenagers glanced at each other nervously, and then Josuke spoke hesitantly

"We're uh, just out for a walk! Yeah, right Koichi?" he nervously chuckled and looked at Koichi, to which he stammered an equally nervous "Yeah".

"Oh really? Then what are Jotaro-san and Okuyasu-kun doing on that boat over there?" she smiled and pointed at the boat.

"Shit" Josuke muttered under his breath and sighed. Guess there was no use lying to her anymore, and if Red Hot Chili Peppers user was going to make an appearance, it was better for her to be prepared.

"The truth is, my da-ahem, Mr. Joestar is on board that ship, and an enemy stand is threatening to take his life" he said quietly while looking down. Molly's eyes widened.

"Joseph is on that ship?" she thought out loud. And Jotaro and Okuyasu are going there by boat. She chuckled, she was 100% sure she'd be able to fly there faster. She looked from Koichi to Josuke and said

"Will the two of you be alright if I join Joseph's welcoming committee?" Josuke blinked.

"Sure, but how-" he stopped mid sentence when Molly spread her stands wings, ever so gracefully. She smiled playfully and spoke

"I've got a few tricks up my sleeve too" and with that she leapt off the ground and into the air, leaving Josuke and Koichi staring in awe.

"Our teacher is an angel" Koichi whispered in disbelief.

Molly landed on the ship with a gentle thud, making sure to let the crew know that she was not the enemy. Once that was done, she let herself inside the old man's cabin. Before she could say or do anything, a voice was heard.

"Molly, is that you?" the voice croaked, and when she saw that it belonged to Joseph, her lips curved upwards.

"Joseph, my goodness! It's been too long!" she exclaimed and ran over to gently hug the old man. When she was ready to let go, Joseph patted the space next to him, signaling for her to sit down, which she gladly did. They began catching up, talking about what they had been up to in the past few years. Their conversation was cut short when Jotaro and Okuyasu stepped in through the door, both looking at Molly like she was a ghost. She just shot a smile back and giggled

"What took you so long?" she said sweetly, which caused Jotaro to pull his hat over his face and grunt out a "Yare yare daze" while Okuyasu was just left staring dumbfounded. Jotaro quickly greeted the old man, motioning for Molly to follow him on deck.

"Okuyasu, watch the old man" Jotaro ordered, and poor Okuyasu could only do as he was told. Molly and Jotaro stepped out on the deck, Jotaro slowly strode over to the railing, looking out on the ocean. Molly walked next to him, trying her hardest not to look at the man. After a few moments of silence she spoke

"So, you didn't want to involve me, but your 79 year old grandfather could be dragged here all the way from America?" she murmured while looking at the waves crashing into each other. Jotaro "tch'd" and pinched the bridge of his nose, earning a panicked look from Molly

"I-I didn't mean to upset you, I'm just confused is all" she quickly added, her voice regretful.

"I just don't understand why you're so insistent on keeping me out of your life" she added, voice filled with sorrow and tears threatening to fall. Jotaro was hit with a wave of guilt, he hated seeing her like this, and he hated himself for being the reason why she felt like this.

"Molly, I-" he started, but was cut off by Koichis stand.

"Jotaro, there's trouble! Akira Otoishi's body has disappeared! He's still alive!" the stand practically screeched out.

"Shit" was all Jotaro could mutter before dashing off to Joseph's cabin. Luckily Okuyasu had sort of figured out who the fake Speedwagon foundation employee was, and Akira Otoishi was defeated for sure this time.

"So, will I still be seeing you tonight?" Jotaro asked, his question directed at Molly, as they stood and watched Josuke help Joseph walk without his cane. Molly was quiet for a moment before responding.

"I was actually thinking, maybe we could have dinner at Kakyoin's instead? For old times sake?" she asked quietly, she felt she needed Kakyoin there for support if anything was to go wrong. Jotaro frowned for a split second, but figured that any time spent with her was worth it, even if Kakyoin was there too.

"Sure, is 7 still good?"

"Yeah, this is the address if Kakyoin didn't already give it to you" she said and pulled a note out of her pocket, handing it to Jotaro. He took the note and looked at it, and then at her.

"Thank you. Guess I'll see you later" he said, not really wanting her to leave yet. She smiled the tiniest bit and waved her hand.

"Yeah, see you later"