Chapter 1: Thomas

A/N: 26.04.20

Date/Time/Place you started the book?

Btw, please don't forget to add this to your reading list to be notified when I update a new chapter! And don't get to follow me on Wattpad if you enioy my stories ♡

⤵️⤵️⤵️

*Thomas's pov*

"You bent my favorite spoon!" shrieked Elle.

"It was an accident. An accident!" I shouted back for the hundredth time. Okay, maybe not the hundredth, but you get the point. My older sister, Elle, wouldn't stop pestering me about her stupid bent spoon. Why couldn't she just use a different one?

"How do you even bend a metal spoon?" she whined, still staring at her crooked spoon as if it would miraculously repair if she stared hard enough.

"The ice cream was too hard and when I tried to scoop it out, and, well, it bent. Okay?"

"Why do you think we have an ice cream scooper?!"

I blinked. Wait, since when do we have an ice cream scooper? But there was no time to be surprised, I wasn't going to let Elle win this argument. Nu-uh hunny bunny, not today.

"Who has time for ice cream scoopers?!" I demanded. "Elle, it was three in the morning and I was hungry. No, I was starving. Do you really think I had the time to open the kitchen drawers and look for an ice cream scooper (that I didn't even know existed) when there was a perfectly clean spoon on the counter?"

"IT'S BENT."

"Not when I found it."

Elle and I started bickering about her spoon while angrily eating our breakfast. She told me how lazy and selfish I was and I chewed with a mouthful of Cheerios while pinching the air with my fingers, opening and closing my hand to mimic her mouth movement to tell her that she was blabbering too much. Real mature, I know.

"Goodmorning," squeaked a voice. Elle and I shut up as soon as we heard our little sister walk down the stairs, holding her dirty stuffed animal by the ears.

Her doll was supposed to be a bunny but it looked more like a rag than anything Still, she refused to let me wash it because apparently that would wash away all the luck it brought her.

10-year-old logic, don't ask.

"Hey, Molly," beamed Elle, becoming a completely new person. I rolled my eyes in disgust. "What do you want for breakfast, Molly?" She spoke in her sweet, big sister voice that she used only with Molly. With me, she used her gorilla voice.

"Well, I gotta get to class," I said, getting up from my chair.

"You better buy me another spoon," snapped Elle from under her breath, low enough for only me to hear.

"Alright, alright," I sighed, raising my hands in defeat. I went over to Molly and kissed her on the head before ruffling her messy bed hair. "See ya later kid. Be good, okay?"

Molly gave me a small nod, still not fully awake. But she was awake enough to raise Mr. Bunny (very original name) towards me. I tried not to scowl at the rag- I mean, her stuffed bunny.

"Mr. Bunny wants a goodbye kiss, too," she said tiredly. I glanced towards the stuffed animal with beady eyes, the color of its fur the same color as its black eyes.

"Sorry, kiddo, I don't kiss boys," I chuckled. My heart dropped when Molly frowned in disappointment and I could feel Elle's burning gaze from behind.