Chapter 22: An unexpected visit

Days had gone by, and Kion stayed in the Pridelands to rest and heal. Kiara, along with the help of her parents, Simba and Nala, and her daughter Mrembo, took good care of Kion. The pride saw him as a hero. He risked his own life to safe the queen's daughter, the heir of Pride Rock. Kion barely did anything in those days. Every movement he made hurt, and he had trouble breathing, because he breathed in all the smoke. The important thing was that he survived none the less.

Another day went by in which Kion did nothing, but it was in the middle of the afternoon, when Kiara walked towards Kion with an important message. "Kion, Rani just arrived in the Pridelands. She wants to talk to you. Do you want me to let her in, or shall I tell her that you don't want to talk right now?" she asked. Kion started smiling when he heard Rani's name. "It's alright. You can let her in." Kion answered. Kiara started walking out again, but was stopped by Kion very quickly. "Do you know if Uon and Cheka are with her?" he asked. "Your son and daughter came with her." Kiara confirmed. Kion thanked her, after which Kiara headed out of the den.

It was only a minute later, and Rani, Cheka and Uon walked into the den. Rani was shocked to see the state Kion was in. "Kion, what happened?" she asked, as tears were streaming down her face. She didn't know how to feel. She was happy to see Kion again, but she was worried about him, and what had happened. Kion tried to stand up. It was hard for him to walk, but he eventually reached Rani, and started nuzzling her. "I missed you so much." he said. When he was done nuzzling Rani he looked down to the two cubs standing next to Rani. "And I missed you both too." he said as a tear streamed down his muzzle. He laid down again, and let Cheka and Uon run towards him. "We missed you too." they both said, as they started cuddling up in their dad's paws.