Chapter 2

|Repeat|

You looked at the knife in horror, unable to speak a word. 'Has it already begun?' You asked yourself in your head.

Jin saw that you were staring at the knife before letting out a small smile.

"I've been cooking and I forgot to put it away, I guess" he chuckled and walked over to you.

"Are you worried about me?" He asked before gently patting your head.

'Yes, yes I am' you thought and shook your head.

"I trust you, oppa" you smiled and hugged him. The familiar warmth of his hug almost made you cry. You couldn't believe that you almost lost him forever.

"I'll call in sick for you" he said simply before breaking the hug, but you stopped him before he could.

"No, I'll go in today" you said with a smile, trying to act as if you were okay.

"Sure?" He asked with furrowed brows.

You nodded your head reassuringly. This is your second chance in life and you were not going to waste it by being scared of what's going to happen next. You had to go back to living the way you were, only... less close with your brothers.

Jin looked a bit reluctant to agree with you, he wanted you to stay at home and be safe. He wanted to protect you forever, but he knew that he should learn to let you go... or should he?

°°°°°

People in school were staring and whispering amongst themselves while you and your brothers walked past. You knew that they had it bad for them. They wanted to date them and most of the girls from school approached you with gifts to give to your brothers.

It was annoying to have people treating you like a bridge, but what could you do? It wasn't like you could tell them to F off or they'll think something was up between you and your brothers.

Your brothers walked you to class as usual and said their goodbyes before walking to their classes. They all left, but one, Hoseok. He had on a frown, which was unusual for your cheery brother. Placing a hand on your cheek, he gently caressed your warm skin. His eyes sparkling with concern.

"If something's wrong, just tell the teacher and don't hold back like the last time, it'll make you worse" he said gently and gave you a reassuring smile before following the rest to class.

You knew he was going to say that and you were waiting for it. It felt nice to hear such caring words from people that you love. And it felt horrible to know that you shouldn't take it to heart because you need to start acting cold towards them.

Since you made it on time today, you didn't have to walk down the aisles of glares from your classmates, which was great! You kept telling yourself that if you keep changing the little things, maybe the major things will change on it's own, like the butterfly effect that you've heard of.

Sitting down on your desk, you realised that you were utterly alone. Everyone around you were talking and laughing, just casually enjoying their morning with friends.

You never had friends... your brothers made sure of that.

Now as the time ticked by and the more alone you were, you grew anxious. Every whisper and laugh made you sweat. 'Are they talking about me? Are they laughing about me?' You asked yourself.

'"Look at that pathetic loner. Does she have any friends?" Is that what they're saying?'

Your heart raced like crazy as a slight pain made you wheeze softly. 'Oh no... it's happening again... should I listen to Hoseok oppa and tell the teacher? If I hold it in like the last time I will... but then everyone will think I'm being dramatic and they'll think I'm an attention seeker-'