chapter fourteen

warning: slight nsfw, exhibition, clit play

"hey eve," greta had, as usual, stopped by her house in the morning to pick eveline up.

"greta!" eveline hugged her best friend, one would assume something was wrong with her urgency but greta knew that her friend greeted people with hugs.

"fuck it's hot as dick out here!" greta groaned dramatically causing eveline to giggle.

"it's not that hot!"

greta rolled her eyes but smiled, "that's cause steven lets you dress like a total babe! if i tried wearing one of your tops my dad would flip!"

eveline subconsciously looked down at her outfit,

it was a light blue jean, overall skirt with a small pink t-shirt underneath, white stolkings covering her legs. she finished off her outfit with white and black cat hair clips to keep her hair out of her face.

she thought it was cute.

"it's not that revealing..."

greta's voice turned neutral instead of the teasing tone she had moments before, she had a soft spot for the girl, "yeah yeah, but still. my dad would obliterate me," eveline giggled, "it's true! and it is hot as balls out here!"

before greta could complain any further, a blue trans am pulled in front of the payne household, or more notably, the bowers gang truck.

greta pulled a disgusted face as eveline waved at them, greta hoped that was just eveline being her normal sweet self but she felt like it wasn't just her waving to strangers.

ted walked out of the house, and walked straight to the truck, without saying goodbye to eveline, which was the whole reason greta and eveline had waited in the first place! eveline had refused to leave without her daily teddy goodbye but here he was leaving!

before he could get into the truck however, eveline intervened.

"hey!"

everyone looked at the scowling girl, patrick finding her attempt at being angry absolutely adorable.

"yes?"

"you didn't say goodbye!" ted laughed at eveline, as if it wasnt so weird if he didnt wish her one, even though every morning, even before they left los angeles, he would.

"why would i?" eveline stood flabbergasted, was ted not going to say goodbye to her anymore? what's next? no more goodnights? goodmornings? merry christmases?! was ANYTHING safe?!

she fiddled with her fingers as she tried to think of a way to respond.

don't cry don't cry don't cry don't cry

ted's face softened as he pulled her into a hug, greta and the boys awkwardly watching, "hey it's ok, i just thought you and your friend would want to drive with us,"

the two girls had very different reaction, eveline looked up and smiled, wiping away the few tears that dropped as her face lightened up, whereas greta was having an internal argument, making her face go dark.

hang out with the, excuse me- bowers gang? but be with a very cute, very handsome, very funny guy? or walk three thousand miles in this boiling hot water with someone who had the same amount of energy as a toddler who just had their first coffee, BUT be bowers gang free?

this was probably going to be the most difficult decision greta would ever have to make in her entire fucking life.

"really! we can?" eveline started jumping up and down, looking past her brother to the leader in the passenger seat, "are you sure i can come?!"