15

ADELINE'S POV

Ashley, Eden, and I walk into the club that they picked and blasting music fills my ears.

We passed Timothée's apartment on the way here and it took everything in my body not to run in and stay in with him for the night, but I knew a little clubbing could never hurt the soul.

As we walk in we scope the place out and it's not long until middle aged men are buying our drinks, which works perfectly since we can't get them for ourselves.

After I down a few drinks I'm starting to feel the effects of the alcohol. More and more drinks keep coming our way, and we gladly accept them all.

You can't turn down free alcohol

Me and the two other intoxicated girls make our way to the dance floor.

We dance together, letting the alcohol run through our veins. Eventually two guys come up to Ashley and Eden, sparking their interest and turning their attention away from me.

I feel a pair of hands on my waist and I instantly freeze. I turn to face the owner of the hands that are still touching me and shake my head. "Sorry I'm not interested" I force a polite smile, trying not to slur my words.

The man is tall with dark features. He looks to be in his late 20's. "Oh come on darling a girl like you doesn't come to a club like this for no reason" he says, his hot breath in my face.

Literally what does that even mean

I try to step backwards but his hands stay locked around me. "I actually have a boyfriend, sorry" I still keep the fake smile on my face, trying to be nice.

"Then where is he" the man asks tightening his grip.

"Please let go" I accidentally slur my words together, revealing my drunken state.

The man lets an evil laugh slip from his mouth. "Someone's had a little too much to drink"

His hands are starting to wonder around my body, leaving me chills. But not the chills I get when Timothée touches me, but the chills I get when I'm scared.

"I said leave me alone, perv" I spit out, now getting agitated. I elbow the man in the stomach as his grip loosens and I escape.

I quickly make my way to the exit of the club, trying not to trip on my own feet.

The cool New York air hits my face as I walk down the streets. I text Ashley and Eden and told them that I had left the club and where I was heading.

I round the corner as my eyes take in the familiar building. I smile at the security guard as I make my way through the grand doors.

I get in the elevator and push the button for the 15th floor. Once I reach the floor I walk down the long hallway and reach his door.

I knock three times as I lean my body against the door frame.

The door opens as Timothée stands in front of me, a smile creeping onto his face. "Hi Adeline"

"Hi I'm sorry I just showed without asking but I was forced to go to the club tonight and then Ashley and Eden left me for some guys then some prick tried to come onto me and wouldn't leave me alone so I ran away" I manage to only slur a few words in my quick explanation.

"Addy are you drunk?" He asks as his smile has turned humorous.

"Just a little" I defend myself, clearly more than a little drunk.

He sighs, the smile never leaving his face. "Come in" He says opening the door wider, so I can enter. As I walk in I see the TV is on and a beer is set on the coffee table.