♧︎

They pulled on her hair causing her to wince in pain. She had to go through this every single day in school. They dropped her on the floor just as the bell rang and went away leaving her there breathing deeply on the floor.

She was weak yes, but she didn't cry or anything. She thinks it would be a waste of time so she tidied herself up and brushed her hair with her fingers and walk to her classroom.

She sat alone in the middle of the class, no one wanted to sit next to her, her seat mate also eventually sat somewhere else. It was like this since the very beginning when she arrived, everyone hated her guts even though she had done nothing wrong.

No friends, no one that liked her. That was Kang Ryuji, a 17 year old girl who has struggled most of her high school years with bullies and all. She never understood why. Her family was well known to be one of the top wealthiest families on the Korean charts and they were the nicest people ever, yet no one liked her.

She got used to it though when she turned 15. The hair pulling, getting beaten, getting hurt, she's been through it all. The teachers have done everything they could and even informed her parents but still, nothing worked.

After school she got home and was greeted by one of her butlers, but they don't call it that. They just call them helpers since they think butler might seem too weird. "You seem very tired Lady Kang, would you like some water?" A helper referred to as Ms Jung offered. "No thank you Ms Jung, i'm heading to my room." She excused her and walked upstairs.

Her two other siblings were also in their own rooms and she greeted them. Her older brother was playing video games and her other brother was reading books.

She changed into her joggers and tied her hair up. She looked into the mirror and smiled, she never wore makeup but even still she thinks she isn't that beautiful. Suddenly her brother, Rowoon walked in. "Mom is asking you to come downstairs," she nods and followed her brother to the dining area where her mother was waiting.

Her mom welcomed her home by giving her a warm hug and they both sat down together. "Ryuji, have you been well? I'm sorry that you have to deal with those bullies but-" Ryuji stopped her. "It's fine mom, i'm used to it. You don't have to do anything, besides, school is just for learning." Ryuji stood up and grabbed a small carton of choco milk and walked back to her room. Leaving her mother flabbergasted but not surprised.

She got the attitude from her mother after all.

~

The next morning she was eating breakfast along with her family but her brother, Rino went out to grab the mail. Ryuji's name was on one of them. "From who is it?" Her father asked. She opened it and an post-it just came out, nothing else.

"It says, meet me at school right now," her family was in confusion. Why would she have to go to school so early? "Don't go, maybe it's one of your bullies again," Rowoon advised. But she didn't listen, she packed up her bag and threw on her jacket and went off.