[7]

DAYS REMAINING: 46

DAYS REMAINING: 46

"HEY LU, HOW ARE YOU doing today?" Ricky Bowen called out, approaching the girl's locker. He had dropped her back at home last night so she could talk to her dad, while he headed to Big Red's, then Nini's to avoid going home to be around his mom. After a weird encounter and pep talk from his ex-girlfriend, he ended up going home to talk to his mom.

Luna smiled gratefully at the boy for asking about her. "I'm alright, thanks. I talked to my dad," she reported, leaning against her locker as she talked to him. He mirrored her actions as he leaned against the locker next to her.

Nini stood down the hallway a little bit from the two, watching them. She took note of their closeness and mirrored posture. Had Ricky really moved on from her? Does he have feelings for Luna now? There was nothing Nini had against the girl, but she just wasn't sure how she felt about the two of them becoming a thing.

Since Nini and EJ broke up because he stole her phone, she's been thinking about Ricky again. Nini would be lying if she said she didn't have any feelings for him anymore. Ever since she saw them kiss at the party, she knew it was only a matter of time before Ricky and Luna were to become a thing. It was inevitable. With only watching them for a minute more, she sighed sadly and walked away so she couldn't see them anymore.

"Oh yeah? How did that go?" Ricky asked, genuinely interested to see how the conversation went. He still could not believe her dad's days were about to run out. It was truly devastating news.

She sighed, biting her lip. "There were lots of tears, not gonna lie. But we talked everything out, so that's good. We even started going through old pictures and videos from when I was younger... I just don't know what I'm going to do when he passes on."

He nodded, feeling bad for the girl. "Yeah, that's tough. I'm very sorry about that, Luna. But I'm glad you guys talked it out though!"

"Me too. Thanks for encouraging me to talk to him. I definitely would've regretted it if I didn't." She pulled him into a quick side hug with a grateful smile.

"Of course, Lu." He threw an arm around her as the two started to walk down the hallway towards his locker so he could grab his books. "So are you going to Homecoming tonight?"

She shook her head. No one had asked the girl to go. Although Gina had offered for her to come with her and EJ, Luna denied the offer, not wanting to be a third wheel around them. After all, Gina had never mentioned having any interest in EJ so it was weird that they were going together. Gina was up to something, but Luna was not going to get involved.

"No," she frowned. "I wasn't asked, and I'm not going to go alone."

Big Red had now joined them at Ricky's locker, catching the last part of their conversation. "Why don't you come with me and Ric to the dance?" He piped up, entering into the conversation.