𝟏

𝘾𝙃𝙄𝘾𝘼𝙂𝙊, 𝙄𝙇

Amore Ashley Michaels

"Amore! Let's go!" her Nana called after her. This morning was Amore's mother's, Simone's funeral. She didn't want to go, so she sat in her room watching Tom and Jerry as usual.

Nana opened the door to Amore's room. "Amore, why don't you have the clothes on I picked out for you?".

"Nana, I don't wanna go" Amore sighed. She had brown skin, with dark brown hair, and light brown eyes she got from her daddy.

Nana walked over to Amore's bed, and sat next to her. "You know your mama would want you to go, just do this for her, baby".

Amore nodded her head, as she looked over at the black dress and black flats.

"Good now get ready, I'll be downstairs". Nana left the room going back downstairs. Amore slipped on the dress, and put on her flat shoes.

She looked in the mirror that laid against the wall in her room. She pulled out the four braids that Nana had put in her hair. She went over to her hair box, and pulled out a headband, and put it on.

She looked in the mirror one more time. She wasn't happy nor was she sad.

"This is for you mama".

𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙁𝙪𝙣𝙚𝙧𝙖𝙡
𝘽𝙪𝙧𝙞𝙖𝙡

Amore watched as the brown casket sunk into the ground. She stood next to her Nana, surrounded by other family members on her mother's side. She looked across seeing her father, Amari.

He wore a full black suit. Amore wasn't use to seeing him around much, matter fact, he was never around. When Simone had Amore, he would send money, but never would be there for her.

Next to Amari, stood his friends, Ricky and Quincy. Amore eyes stay hooked to her father's appearance.

He looked up seeing Amore looking at him. As much as she never knew her father, she just never understood why he never paid attention to her.

Later, the men started to throw the dirt onto Simone's casket. Amore watched, while her Nana talked to Ricky.

"Amore! Girl come here!" Nana waved her over. She went over to her them.

"Hey kid. You alright?" Ricky asked her. Although Amari never paid attention to her, Ricky and Quincy always did.

"I'm fine". Amore wasn't in the mood, she just wanted to go home and play or watch Tom and Jerry.

"I'm across the street from you if you need anything. If you want sum' just let me or Unc Quincy know" Ricky held out his fist for her to dap him up.

"Okay" Amore chuckled a bit, as she dapped him up. Nana went to go start the car, as Amore talked with Ricky.

Amari smoked his blunt, as he talked to Quincy. "Man, I can't believe she really gone. Whatchu' gone do?" He asked Amari, as they leaned against his car.

"It is what it is, Imma do what I usually do". Deep down, He was going to miss Simone, her touch, her smell, her smile, everything. He was gonna' miss seeing Simone going to work.