sixteen

Once lunch was ready, Pixie brought the food to the conference room, since it was larger than the dining table and there were more guests than usual

Once lunch was ready, Pixie brought the food to the conference room, since it was larger than the dining table and there were more guests than usual. She made finger sandwiches, chocolate and vanilla cupcakes, stir-fried noodles with broccoli, then orange juice or water.

"You're a goddess," mumbled Scott through a mouthful of food.

"Aw, thanks, Scott," Pixie replied.

"Quill said he stole the Power Stone from Morag." Rocket interrupted. "Good food though, lady."

"Thank you, animal," said Pixie.

"Is that a person?" Scott questioned, referring to Morag.

"Morag's a planet," he replied. "Quill was a person."

"Like a planet? Like in outer space?" Scott asked.

"Aww, look. It's like a little puppy, all happy and everything," Rocket teased, ruffling Scott's hair. "Do you wanna go to space? You wanna go to space, puppy? I'll take you to space."

Scott did not look impressed and pouted as Rocket made fun of him. Pixie laughed, joining in on the fun and patting Scott on the head, earning swats to her face.

After lunch was over, they moved back to the planning room to talk about the soul stone.

"Thanos found the stone on Vormir," Nebula stated.

"What is Vormir?" Natasha asked, writing down notes on a notepad.

"A dominion of death, at the very center of Celestial existence," Nebula answered. "It's where...Thanos murdered my sister."

Everyone stared at her before giving awkward looks at each other. Pixie cleared her throat, wringing her hands in front of her.

"Not it," Scott muttered.

After a short discussion, Thor demanded a Bloody Mary, and Scott wanted more snacks, so Pixie gathered up people who were feeling snack-ish, which really only left Natasha, Bruce, and Tony to discuss the time stone.

"So you and Black Widow?" Scott questioned. "When did that happen?"

Pixie chuckled as she moved around in the kitchen. "I forget you've been gone a very long time. I think seven years?"

"And you haven't gotten married yet?"

"Ah - well, five years during the snap was rough. Besides, we're in no rush. I think everyone's got their plates full with trying to get the stones back. Maybe after we save the world again, I'll propose to Nat," Pixie answered.

"I'd love to see that happen," Clint chimed. "I better be the maid of honor."

Pixie laughed. "Of course. I wouldn't have it any other way."

Once everyone's hunger was satiated, Steve rounded everyone up for the final plan.

"All right, we have a plan," Steve announced, staring at the holographic screens of the stones. "Six stones, three teams, one shot."