Chapter 10: Back to UA

The time had finally come. After searching for months, Izuku finally had the information he needed. Well, some of it. The rest of the Laboratory blew up. Those two people that Izuku saw in his dream were obviously responsible. But Izuku couldn't dwell on that. He couldn't even dive into his new collection of Alchemy knowledge. Because the time had finally come for UA classes to resume. 

After being nearly dragged away from his newfound knowledge by Ochaco, who had started walking with Izuku to school, Izuku grudgingly sat at his desk, resting his chin on his automail hand. Iida walked up to Izuku.

"Midoryia, your face is highly irregular. Why is that? I usually only need to speak to Bakugo about his frightening and non-hero-like expression. What seems to be the problem?" Iida said while chopping some kind of invisible onion.

Izuku didn't answer. He was still too angry that he couldn't do any reading. He would just have to deal with it. 

Soon enough, the bell rang, leading to a mummified Aizawa to walk into the class. Everyone commented on how Mr. Aizawa's wounds hadn't healed yet, to which he just brushed them off. "Now everyone, we have a very important event coming up. This event is one of the most significant of your entire UA high-school career, so you need to be adequately prepared. This event is..." everyone in the class went silent with quiet fear, "the UA Sport's Festival."

"THAT'S A SUPER NORMAL SCHOOL EVENT!" Everyone commented at the same time.

Aizawa then went on to explain how the sports festivals they'd previously participated in were nothing compared to the UA sports festival. The UA sports festival was when everyone was watching, and that it had practically replaced The Olympics in terms of popularity.

Izuku knew that when everyone was training for the sports festival, that would be his chance to learn more about Alchemy. That was when Izuku could read those books. Even though the one he had already taught him so much, there was still lots to learn. Izuku had learned how in the past, every alchemist had their own specialty, and they were all given a nickname based on the type of alchemy they regularly used. The Flame Alchemist, The Freezer Alchemist, The Crimson Alchemist, and, most notably, The Fullmetal Alchemist.

Izuku grinned at his new opportunity. The teachers wouldn't be giving out too much homework as to give the students time to train. Izuku knew that if he was going to develop his own form of Alchemy, this would be the time to do so.

***

After school, Izuku went down to the police station. He wanted to know what all of his resources were before he started studying, and the police were obviously present after the collapse of Tyrian's lab. Not to mention he had a few favors lined up there. 

Izuku walked through the front door of the station. He was there pretty often over the summer, so he was well recognized by the officer at the front desk. Izuku was shown into the office of one of his friends. He sat down on the sofa, and awaited the arrival of his contact.

Izuku didn't have to wait long until a tall man with a grizzled face, a pair of glasses, and spiky black hair to enter the room. "Yo, Midoryia! It's certainly been a while!" he said enthusiastically. 

Izuku grinned. "Good to see you Mr. Hughes."

Hughes walked up to Izuku and shook his automail hand. "Now, before we get to business, I have some urgent news for you..." he said with a serious expression.

Izuku gulped at the expression. This must've been serious.

Hughes face instantly lit up, and changed to one of sheer happiness, when he reached into his coat and pulled out a picture of his family. "Today's my darling little Alicia's birthday!" he said with a higher-voice.