Chapter 149: Will Always Remember You

"You said Brother Zihui had woken up?" Yun Ren Xie is surprised as she stared at Jiang Yi Huai who is standing beside her bed. He had just arrived tonight to relay the news.

"En." he nodded his head gently. "That night, how did you use azure flames?"

"Azure flames?" she blinked her eyes with a confused look, Jiang Yi Huai knitted his brow.

"The fire you used, its a fearful power. Not to hide it from you but the demon clan are after it. Azure Flame can devour anything."

"Jiang Yi Huai, just who are you? Why do you know this much?" Yun Ren Xie had an inquisitive glance at him but he simply chuckled as if it was funny.

"If you hadnt drank the soup of oblivion, you will remember everything. I cant tell all the truth, figure it out yourself. And the only way to know it is to die." Jiang Yi Huai stood up and left the tent, she is about to call out for him to come back but he quickly left her sight.

Yun Ren Xie had her mouth gaping slightly. She prepared herself and dismissed all the questions in her thought. After dressing up and eating her dinner, Yun Ren Xie went to Xiang Zihui's tent. There she saw servants entering with food trays and water.

Sighing in nervousness, she calmed herself down and entered the tent. Her gaze immediately caught the stare of purple iris. Not long ago, they were closed but now, its looking at her with indescribable feelings.

"Dage...." Yun Ren Xie walked towards him, all the servants were ordered to leave. She immediately broke down to tears but hesitated to hold him as she stood in front of the bed.

Xiang Zihui is silent, he gestured for her to sit beside him. Yun Ren Xie obediently sat, she didnt expect he would hold her hand.

"I heard you drank wine every night and sleep inside my tent?" he asked while caressing her small soft hand, Xiang Zihui glanced upward to meet her wide almond eyes.

"Dont do that. And I will never hate you, alright?" Xiang Zihui smiled with pure tenderness as he planted a gentle kiss at the back of her hand. "I'll dissolve the marriage between you and Nian Feng. Ah Lian, do I..... Do I still have a chance?"

Yun Ren Xie cant speak, she had her eyes lowered in hesitation. "Is that a no?" he asked, it was for the first time Xiang Zihui felt useless. His heart is in pain.

She blinked to stop the tears from falling. "I... Brother Zihui, we cant be together."

The last four words were like knives stabbing him, he refused to listen so!

"Why? What do you mean? Have you loved Nian Feng? Is it because I've fallen into this state? Are you dissatisfied-"

Before he can even finish his question, the girl had her lips pressed unto him. He had no idea why she cant answer him. Xiang Zihui responded with gentleness, his heart is beating fast.

Yun Ren Xie broke the kiss and had their forehead touched with her eyes closed as Xiang Zihui stared at her with pleading gaze. They were both gasping for air while holding each other's face. He saw teardrops falling from her cheeks, she is biting her quivering lips and her long lashes trembled.

"Its no use." she meekly said. Yun Ren Xie moved away before gently removing his grasp and wiped the tears with a warm smile."Forget it. Im glad your awake. Dage... Dage should eat dinner."

Xiang Zihui's fist clenched, why wont she look at him? Cant she see his eyes were red as he tried hard to stop himself from crying! Why wont she answer him? Can she not feel how aggrieved he is jumping in conclusions that she had taken a liking to Nian Feng?