CHAPTER FIFTEEN

-AMIKO'S POV-

I rested my head on the window as Benji drove. I know I was showing him something different but honestly, I was happy my dad might be getting out.

But what was making me slightly angry was the "might". I didn't want it to be no might. I felt Benji looking at me from time to time but I didn't dare look at him. I knew it was gonna turn into 21 questions again.

I wondered what we were gonna be doing today. I know I was gonna be using a gun but with Benji, you never know with him. Benji is slick and he's to slick for me.

As he was driving, Benji reached his hand over and began tickling me which made me squirm and laugh. He laughed with me as he continued to tickle me in my side.

"There you go ma. Smile." He spoke and i chuckled as we pulled up to some warehouse. I looked around before I looked at Benji. I thought we were going to a gun range but I guess this wasn't bad.

We got out and we walked to the huge metal door. The guards greeted Benji as if he was their boss but then again, he probably was. We walked in and my eyes landed everywhere. From the money that laid around, from the drugs that were being put in bags and from people yelling at each other.

This was not my scene but it didn't bother me. We walked through the warehouse before we made it outside to the back. It was bottles and cans sitting on tables.

"You ready?" He asked and I hesitated.

"Benji where are we?" I asked and he chuckled. He grabbed my hand before taking me to a table that sat Glock 17s, Dracos, MP5s, and a Saiga.

"Benji!" I said as I covered my mouth in shock. I haven't seen any type of gun since back then when I was with my mom and brother.

"What? You don't wanna do it anymore?" He asked and I quickly shook my head. I promised myself to take them out before they took me out.

"No. Come on." I said and he nodded as he handed me one of the Glock 17s.

"You know how to put the clip in?" He asked and i shrugged. I really didn't even know. I totally forgot.

"I don't know. I'm sure it's easy." I spoke with my hand out. He sat the clip in my hand and we walked to the set of tape that was put on the ground.

"Okay hold it up." He spoke as he stood behind me. I took a deep breath before doing as told. Holding it up, I felt Benji rest his hand on my waist as he talked into my ear.

I could've bout turned around kissed him on his pretty pink lips.

"You comfortable?" He asked and i nodded. He patted my shoulder and I let off the whole clip. Seeing the gun powder fill the air, I looked at Benji and he smiled at me.

He walked to the can that stood up still. I'm guessing I didn't hit it. I groaned as I sat it down. He chuckled at me before putting another clip inside.

"It's not funny. How am I gonna protect myself?" I asked and he sat down beside me.

"Miko shit like this takes practice. You ain't gotta go hard on ya self." He said and i sighed before taking the gun out of his hand.

"Look at it this way. Are you angry about anything? You wanna take your anger out on someone and you can't? Put that shit in your head and start shooting and I promise that shit work." Benji said and I thought of my mom and brother and my dad.

The thoughts and the pictures of my mom and brothers dead bodies came across and everything went black.

I was angry at myself because I know I could've did something but I didn't. I sat there and watched and I felt like it was my fault but my grandma said it wasn't. Back then, my brother taught me how to use a gun but I wasn't interested. I didn't think it was my thing. The nights I couldn't sleep because I would see the blood coming from my moms head. The months I couldn't eat because they weren't there to eat with me made me angry.

-BENJI'S POV-

I stood far back as I watched Miko shoot. This time, I was impressed. I watched closely as she shot each bottle down. I was honestly proud of her because I thought this process would take longer but I guess I was wrong.

I guess what I told her, helped her a lot because she's doing wonderful. Now she might be able to shoot cans but let's hope she has the balls to shoot people. Hearing the gun click, it let me know it was no more bullets.

But what was weird, was that she was still shooting. I walked towards her and as I got closer, I could hear her cries. The sniffling, grew louder as I made my way closer.

I raised a brow in uncertainty. Why was she crying? I didn't know. I touched her shoulder and from the looks of her eyes, they were lighter than usual.

"Miko.." I trailed off and she dropped her arms before looking at me.

"Miko why you crying?" I asked and she rolled her eyes as she sat down on the table. As I looked around, all the cans and bottles had fallen.

"Look Miko." I said and she lifted her head as she didn't see any cans or bottles up. She laid her head back down as she continued to cry. I grabbed her hand before rubbing my thumb on it.

"What's wrong?" I asked and she shook her head. She looked at me before sighing.

"All my life I've been faking. This is really not who I am. I changed for a reason so I wouldn't think of my past. Before I left, I was a totally different girl. For me to be a little girl back then, I had the mindset of a 20 year old and I out smarted many people who thought they could outsmart me." She spoke and now I was confused.

I didn't know what she was talking about but I knew it had to be serious and interesting.

"Miko you can talk to me mamas. I'm all ears and willing to listen to you any day." I spoke.

"Okay, well I guess I'll tell you what I've been holding back from you." She said and i was hoping it wasn't no sneaky shit. The thought of her setting me up slipped my mind, but I knew she wasn't that dumb.

"I'm from Puerto Rico. My father was Puerto Rican and my mom was black. I was born and raised in Puerto Rico until I turned 11 years old and I came to Cali to live with my grandma since my mom and brother died and my dad got locked up. I wasn't the girl I am today. Before I came down here, I was a child that handled business with my mom. Now it might not sound good, but I counted all the money, I helped my mom cook the coke. I was a smart 11 year old and that's why they needed me." She spoke and right about now, I was not believing anything she was saying.

Amiko cooking coke? My ears were not hearing this right.

"My dad owned the biggest drug cartel in Puerto Rico. He and my uncle split the business but my dad still ran everything. Even my uncles half. My uncle Pablo wasn't a good man and he didn't care if he hurted anyone even his own family. My uncle Pablo is the reason my father is in jail and the reason why I have no mom or brother. I would've been gone too but like I said, my knowledge was too strong for him." She said and now she was standing up and pacing the floor as she told me everything and honestly, I felt bad for her.

She put this smile on her face like she hasn't been through much and now I see why she's always smiling. She doesn't want people to know what's behind that and I feel bad.

"When my dad put my uncle Pablo out and took his half of the business back, that made him do what he did. He was always jealous and always envied my dad but he knew he could never go head to head with him. Life has just been so fucked up ever since I saw my brother and mom take their last breaths." She said as she sat down beside me and laid her head on my shoulder.

I knew since she got everything off her chest that she's been holding in since forever, that she'll be back to her normal self.