The Handsome Beast

ARIEL'S POV

I ran in the wild sunflower fields. The weather was sunny. I could hear the dragonflies flying around me.
I ran everywhere in the field like a free bird. I turned around and saw my parents. They looked happy. They smiled at me lovingly.
"We love you Ariel. We love you very much." My mom said.

"I love you too mommy and daddy." I said blowing them a kiss.
But suddenly the sky became dark as black clouds started forming in the sky.
The blooming field of sunflower became deserted. There was not a single flower left. The land became black.
The dragonflies lied down lifeless.
I was afraid. I looked at my parents. They had worried expression.
My mom opened her arms for me.
"Come child. Come to me." She said.
I started running towards her like my life depends on her.

I was going to reach them just as they both screamed  and disappeared.

I stop dead in my tracks.

I look around. I cannot find them.

"Mom!" I shout as i open my eyes.

I panted heavily as i shot up from the nightmare. I was having these nightmares since their death.
Because the sunflower field was the only place they would take me for an outing. It was my favourite place until they died.
Because that day they were taking me in our car to the sunflower field when the lorry crashed into us. I was at the back. I was saved.
But my parents died.

I cannot help but think of them and cry. Just like now.
I am crying heavily.
I need fresh air. I cant stay in a closed place.

I tried opening the window but i remembered that it was locked.
So i decided to go out for some fresh air.
I know grandma had told me not to move out on the streets at night. But i cant be here for even a minute.

So i opened the door of the house. Cold wind making me shiver.
I had my night dress on. It did very little to keep me warm.

(The short dress is her night dress

(The short dress is her night dress. Imagine a small red shawl with that.)

I started walking on the unknown streets of the town. Everything was quite and dark. No one,not even an animal could be seen on the road.
It gave me a horror movie vibe where the heroine walks on the street alone and the ghost kills her.

I kept walking and admiring the beauty of the town not realising that now i was in front of the Dark and dangerous forest where grandma told me not to go.

But is there really some beast here? And what if these are myths?
My feet started taking me to the forest.
I needed peace and i knew the forest will provide me my peace.
I started walking in. I was now somewhere in middle of the forest. It was a dreadful silence all around.
Suddenly i felt a presence behind me. I froze.
How come i not feel it before.
It was really close to me. I  could feel it.
What was it? The beast? Some animal? Am i going to die?