Chapter 9: U.A. Sports Festival Part 6

"Start!" Present Mic announced, the match officially starting.

As soon as it started, ice erupted from the stage to the direction of where both Midoriya and Ashido were. Ashido jumped, dodging the ice. Although it was only by a sliver, it didn't matter to her as long as she dodged.

Midoriya on the other hand, activated his Quirk and flicked his fingers, creating a tremendous amount of wind pressure, destroying the ice that was coming to him. The cold icy wind relentlessly erupted from the stadium.

"So cold!" Ashido exclaimed from afar.

In order to prevent himself from being knocked out of bounds, Todoroki summoned a wall of ice behind him just in time as he put his arms in front of him to brace himself from the violent wind pressure.

'Just as I expected.' Todoroki thought to himself while looking straight at Midoriya. He took notice of his broken finger. 'He was prepared to injure himself to negate the attack.'

"Wow! Midoriya stopped Todoroki's attack!" Present Mic exclaimed.

"Since Todoroki always finishes his fights in an instant, he doesn't know how powerful Todoroki's attacks would be against him. That's why Midoriya would use all of his power to negate Todoroki's attacks." Boboiboy explained. His friends seemed to agree.

"Indeed, however, the question is, how much more can he fire off?" Tokoyami stated. "Also, since when did your clothes change colors?" Boboiboy's clothes were now in a lighter blue color.

Ever since the first gust of wind, Boboiboy transformed into Ice, nullifying the icy wind. It was just was too cold for his tastes. The others just noticed and was about to start questioning him about it until another gust of wind came by.

"He stopped it again!" Present Mic exclaimed once more as Ashido couldn't hold on anymore as she started to slip away and had gotten out of the boundary.

"Ashido is out of bounds!" Midnight called out.

"Darn it! I couldn't do anything!" She exclaimed as she then moved away from Midoriya and Todoroki's intense fight.

'From what I know of Todoroki's fighting, he always attacks in an instant, so I don't have much data on him. Data... During this fight, I need to find an opening...' He thought to himself as multiple parts of his body shivered from pain.

'The ice he's stuck behind him is probably how he plans to keep from being blown away. Which means, I was right to use my fingers. It's likely that it could even work against a 100% smash where I can sacrifice my arm.'

'I've got to look carefully...' He thought as he set his gaze upon Todoroki. 'Think... Find it... I've got six more chances...!'

"You're..." He said before attacking once more with his ice, making Midoriya use his Quirk. As expected, Midoriya blew the ice away like with the others. Another violent gust of wind filled the stadium.

"It started?!" Kirishima exclaimed as he arrived.

"Oh, Kirishima! Nice going on making it to the next round! You were awesome!" Boboiboy complimented.

"Yeah, I'll be up against you and Iida next! Let's have a good fight!" Kirishima smirked at Boboiboy.

"Let's have one good fight, all right." Boboiboy returned the smirk.

"But man, you, Bakugou and Todoroki can all shoot off powerful attacks that cover a lot of ground. Like "Bam"!" Kirishima stated.

"And all three of you can do it with no time lag." Sero said as Boboiboy scratched his cheek bashfully.