Chapter 46 Silver

Third pov

After the hospital tour Nino approached Marinette as they had free time.

"Hey, can we talk now?"

She nodded. "Sure. Come on."

She led him to a bench a fair bit away from the others so they could speak without having nosey people trying to listen in.

Nino sat down beside her and for a short while no one said anything.

Nino trying to figure out what to say and Marinette not willing to go easy on him in this.

He'd really hurt her and Adrien these last years and she's not a pushover anymore.

"I'm sorry."

He blurted out so fast that she wasn't sure she heard it right.

"For what?"

Nino felt proud of her even if her question didn't make it easier for him.

"For everything. Not speaking up against Alya and Lila and everyone. Not helping you. Turning a blind eye to both you and Adrien because it was easier."

The silence is heavy but not really loaded with anger and disappointment like Nino expected.

"I..." She sighed. Her hands clenching and unclenching as she tried to find the right words. "I'm happy you've realized that it hasn't been right of you. But I'm not going to just forgive you."

Nino winced.

"Lila and the rest of you, especially Alya have been hell to deal with but i learned a few things that benefit me. One of them is that i will not be a pushover ever again. I'm grateful for the apology but you have a long way to go before we're even close to the friends we used to be."

It hurt to hear.

But Nino didn't really feel like he had any right to complain.

"I get it, dude. I was a really bad friend, or well, not really a friend at all. And I want to make up for it." He said.

And Marinette smiled. A small and kinda sad but still genuine one. "I'll wait and see just how serious you are."

When Nino went back to the class he felt just a little lighter.

***********************************************************************

Time skip

Three days left until the gala and Marinette was sitting in a room with the Wayne siblings.

Tim was tapping away at his computer, Jason reading Jane Eyre, Dick looking at the tv and Damian relaxing beside Marinette as she was designing a few things for them.

Not that they know. It's a surprise.

She'd heard their reactions to her being MDC and decided that she definitely didn't mind making something for them. Especially since instead of pestering her they had just admired her designs quietly.

So at the moment a hoodie with a theme of red were coming alive at the paper. This one for Tim.

She'd already made a sketch for a jacket to Jason.

As she added the finishing touches it hit her.

The calm happiness.

This is how she wants life to be.

Time skip

It's in the middle of the night when the akuma alarm goes off.

Marinette isn't happy.