Chapter 43

The next day, Jenna was cornered by Lily, Marlene, and Alice repeatedly during the day, who kept asking her why she hadn't showed up at all last night.

But Jenna was too tired to come up with a good enough excuse, having slept only two hours the previous night.

     So she told the girls that she had gone for a stroll through the grounds and just fell asleep under a tree, which they obviously didn't buy, but decided not to push the matter any further.

     Remus was sent to the hospital wing to rest, but James, Sirius, and Peter were no better than Jenna either. They kept yawning and stretching throughout their classes.

      But at Charms' class, all of their moods were picked up quickly.

     "Alright," Professor Flitwick started, standing on a pile of books to be able to see everyone properly. "Please hand in your assignments on the Silencing Charm."

     With that, everyone dug into their bags, taking out their essays and putting them on the table before them.

     With a flick of his wand, Professor Flitwick made all the papers to float into the air and fly towards him, and so collected them.

     The tiny Professor went through the names, and when he was done, he looked up at where the three Marauders were sitting.

     "Mr. Potter," Professor Flitwick called, quite disapprovingly. "Where is your essay?"

      "A stupid black dog ran up to me and ate it and then spat it out!" James said in frustration, throwing a glare at Sirius beside hin, who was trying to hold back a snort.

     Peter was now openly sniggering. Even Jenna found herself giggling, which caused Lily to give her a suspicious look.

          "Again?" Professor Flitwick sighed. "Mr. Potter, a dog eating your homework is becoming a serious problem!"

     The words had barely left his mouth that the three boys started to shriek with laughter.

     "Oh — Merlin —" James said between roars of laughter.

     "He — said — a Sirius Problem!" Peter sniggered, wiping his tears away from laughing so hard.

     "Detention!" Professor Flitwick, who hardly ever got angry, cried out, turning red. "You ought to take the class more seriously!"

     "Trust me, Professor," said Sirius coolly, "no one takes the classes more Siriusly that I do."

       By that, they started laughing even louder and James clapped a hand on Sirius's back. "Good one, Padfoot."

     "Alright! That's it! Out! All three of you!"

     Peter immediately stopped, turning pale as he stood up after James and Sirius, who kept laughing until they were out of the class.

Jenna was covering her mouth with a hand, trying to hide the fact that she too was chuckling.

"Something's definitely wrong with her," Marlene said to Lily, gesturing at her.

Jenna dropped her hand at that, glaring at her. "I heard that!"

"Well, of course you did!" said Marlene. "That's cause I said it aloud, you dumbass!"

***

That night, Jenna waited for Alice and Marlene to fall asleep before walking towards Lily's bed, where she was reading her transfigurations book.

     "Alright, Evans," said Jenna firmly, sitting beside her. "Something's been bothering you all day. What is it?"

     "Nothing," Lily tried to shrug it off, but Jenna snatched her book out of Lily's hands, giving her a knowing look.

     "Oh, alright," Lily huffed, giving up. "I talked to Severus today."

     "Ugh, what happened?" Jenna snarled, folding her arms.

     "Well, I tried telling him about those Slytherin friends of his. You know? Avery and Mulciber," she started explaining. "They're terrible, Jen. I'm pretty sure they're going to become Death Eaters after Hogwarts, if they're not one already. And Severus is not even denying it!"

     "What did he say, then?"

     "Said that they were just having fun," Lily rolled her eyes. "And then he started saying that Potter was no better."

      "What!?" Jenna hissed, but then lowered her voice so she wouldn't wale the other two girls up. "But those two mother—" Lily gave her a look, "—truckers... they use dark magic! So what if James pranks people!?"

     "That's what I told him too!" Lily nodded. "I mean... what James does isn't right either. But those Slytherins hurt people like me, Jen."

     With that, a flash of worry passed through Lily's green eyes and she looked down.

     "Hey, don't you go worrying about those idiots," said Jenna tightly. "They even go as far as nearing you, and they have to deal with me. And God forbids anyone to anger Jenna Potter."

     Lily chuckled and by that, she leaped forward and brought Jenna into a hug, catching her off guard. But she giggled after a second, hugging her back.

     Although when they pulled away, Lily's smile disappeared. "There's something else too..."

     "What?" Jenna raised a brow.

     "I-I'm not sure if I should say this..."

     "I'm your best friend, Lil," Jenna smiled reassuringly. "You can trust me."

     "Well... Severus said something... I mean... he's been saying this for some while now... he's not sure, of course... but he insists that his theories are true. He keeps bringing all this evidence to prove if..."

     "You're worrying me, Lil," Jenna muttered anxiously, frowning. "What is it?"

     "He thinks that Remus is a werewolf."