Chapter Fifteen

Abigail watched as the two men broke away from their hug and Ian quickly wiped away his tears the minute Christian held him at arms length. This seemed like a reunion everyone at the table was looking forward to, now that it was finally happening, the tension that was growing slowly diminished.

The only piece of information Abigail knew about Ian and Christian, was they didn't get along very well, she just assumed it was sibling rivalry. Ian hadn't let her in of all the secrets of his past as he should have in the duration of their relationship. He had an enormous fear of what she would think of him when she found out why things turned out the way they did in his life.

He hadn't even told her that he was a recovering alcoholic. The night she offered him a glass of wine at her apartment, to which he politely declined, he told her he simply doesn't like the taste or alcohol and therefore he doesn't drink intoxicating beverages. She took his response quite lightly, as he even managed to score himself some browny points with her.

She watched as the older version of Ian turn to look at her the moment Ian sat down again. They shared the same facial features, she wouldn't be able to tell them apart if she spotted them at a distance.

“You must be Abigail?”, he put out his hand for a handshake as he watched the young woman nod at him before placing her hand in his. He was quite pleased his younger brother found himself a companion. Now that she had been introduced to the family, he knew she wasn't just a random hookup, she meant something to his younger brother, and that he loved her. He remembered Ian telling him that the woman he brings home with him to met their parents next, was the woman he intends on marrying.

“I'm Christian. It's a pleasure to meet you”.

“Likewise”, she smiled warmly at him before they broke contact, and he took his respective seat. After dinner was served, it was time to dance as Ian whisked away his date to the dance floor.

He circled his arm on her waist as entwined their other hands together. They swayed to the rhythm of the slow song that was playing, they began chatting.

“Are you having a good time?”, he watched her give a nod

“Your family is amazing”, she heard him give a playful scoff

“That's because they want to make a good first impression on you. They're not usually like this”, he chuckled as she smiled at him.

“Well I like them. They seem really nice
“They seem to like you too, very much”.

“Your mother has invited Emily and I to lunch next week Sunday”

“Yes. I know”.

“Do you think it's a good idea?”

“I think it's a great idea”, he took her hand and planted a soft kiss. “I want my family to get to you and Emily. The two of you are a priority in my life. Nothing will make me happier than seeing the people I love and care about gathered in one place”.

She couldn't help but smile at his words

“I love you, Ian Parker”

“I love you too, Abigail Haines”, He pressed his lips on hers

The music stopped and the crowd clapped their hands before they returned to their respective seats just in time for the speeches