16. Debut showcase

When Bang P.D. told me the music video of 'ticket' is only premiering on the day of the first debut showcase, I wasn't sure if my fans, or really, the people who are interested in my music, were going to know the song by the time of the show. Honestly, I wouldn't even click on a YouTube video that's only an audio of some unknown singer's debut track.

Clearly I was wrong.

When the teaser is played, the audience immediately starts hollering. And that gets my heart pumping like crazy.

The stage starts ascending as the familiar introduction of my debut track plays. It's showtime.

'EVERYBODY MAKES SOME NOISE!' I speak straight into my microphone.

From the stage, I can't really see anybody's face in the audience. All I see is a sea of flashlights waving in the air, as though the stars in the sky have descended to come support me at my show.

I start singing and dancing along the music that's being played in my earphones. Even though my heart rate is still crazily high, I don't feel nervous at all.

In fact, I feel amazing.

'I wanna hear you sing!' I point my mic at the audience and am still shocked by how clearly I can hear them sing my song.

The dance break starts. Every single word Danny's said to me has embedded in my muscles and bones. I no longer have to recall his reminders when dancing. My arms and legs are moving accordingly to the music like they have their own coordinator. The heavy beats guiding my light steps making elegant moves that I hope will not let my dance coach down.

My backup dancers have joined me on stage. I started rehearsing with them a month ago. They all have so much experience in dancing and are so humble at the same time. I've learned so much from them.

They part like the Red Sea which signals my last acrobatic move. I'm using all my core strength to curl up my body mid-air and then land steadily on both my feet. My pants are not ripped. All good!

We strike our last pose at the same time as the last note, holding it for at least 5 seconds until the lights are off for the dancers to get off stage.

But the audience didn't wait that long. They cheer as soon as the I sang the last note.

'Please give another round of applause for Shannon!' The MC emerges from backstage again.

Stools have already been put out for me and the MC. I'm still panting from the intense choreography so I'm taking extra time to recover, at the same time bowing to the audience, before taking my seat as rehearsed.

'I believe our audience is dying to hear you speak. Please introduce yourself, Shannon-ssi.'

'Annyeonghaseyo, I am Shannon! Im nineteen years old. Please give me a lot of love and support. Thank you so much!'

The applause and screams still haven't died down yet and I'm beyond grateful for the audience's response.

In fact, the longer I stare at the crowd, the more my eyes adjust the lighting in the concert venue. I can slowly make out the outline of people, some are lifting their homemade posters that have my name on, some are waving their flashlights as support for my performance, some are even jumping and clapping in the most excited way ever.

That's not it. When I lift up my head, there's a balcony where even more fans are cheering in an equally enthusiastic manner.

The view is just spectacular.

'Shannon-ssi?' I can finally hear the MC's voice, I wonder how long I've been gazing at the crowd of fans for.

'Yes, sorry the audience is just...beautiful,' I say. Tears are literally prickling my eyes now.