Chapter 16: Thomas

A/N: 30.04.20

Do you guys have a favorite character? Or one that you dislike?

⤵️⤵️⤵️

*Thomas's pov*

It's already been three days and Eli was still ignoring me. What was his deal anyway? I didn't say no because I didn't want to hang out with him, I said no because I had to take care of my little sister.

Even though I had a legitimate reason, I still felt bothered by the fact that he was ignoring me. A little too much, actually.

I tried to approach him at school, but he avoided me and wouldn't even spare me a glance. He was acting just like Rhys did whenever Jayden said something wrong, which was how I knew that Eli was mad. Very mad.

"You keep glancing at Eli," smirked Jayden, kicking my shin under the table before shoveling a mouthful of pasta into his mouth. "You two fight?"

"He got mad 'cause I couldn't hang out with him," I mumbled.

Jayden munched on his food like it was rubber. Maybe because it was. Who knew what these plates of pasta were made of?

"Did you have a legit reason or were you just being anti-social?"

"Had to look after Molly," I said with an eye roll.

"Didn't know you and rich kid were that close," Jayden said. His voice sounded slightly bitter and I gave him a grin.

"Aw, babe, don't be jealous," I said, running my fingers over his hand. Rhys slapped my hand away and my lower lip jutted out.

"Two people fighting for me? Do continue," Jayden said with an ear-to-ear grin which made Rhys sigh heavily. Jayden pulled her over and kissed her head but simultaneously gave me a flirty wink.

Typical Jayden.

I was glad he was doing better. Well, better was stretching it, but at least he was back.

"Yeah, Eli and I have become... Friends," I said.

"Rhys told me," Jayden said, looking at his plate and poking a meatball. "Heard he got you a job and everything."

Rhys flashed me a warning look before looking away, kissing Jayden on the cheek and returning to her meal. So I wasn't imagining the bitter tone in his voice.

"Jay, I was gonna tell you," I said, feeling guilty.

"It's cool, man," he shrugged. "Rhys filled me up on all the details. Go get that money, I've been looking for a sugar zaddy."

I could tell that he was upset but smiled and nodded. After lunch, Jayden went to play basketball before our next classes. I went over to Rhys.

"Hey, um, is Jay...?"

"He's fine," she said. "But you know, you could have told him about the Eli thing. He isn't used to seeing you keep secrets."

I blinked, slightly taken aback. "Eli isn't a secret."

Rhys raised an arched brow.

"I didn't tell him because Jayden already has a lot going on in his life," I said.

"And you aren't?" Rhys asked. "That never stopped you from telling him everything else that goes on in your life."

I ran a quick hand through my hair before shoving it into my pocket.

"Are you and Eli really just friends?"

"What else would we be?" I snapped defensively. "We aren't even friends."