33: Ortegas Rotas / Crumble

ᗩᑌTᕼOᖇ'ᔕ ᑎOTᗴ
Hey my lovelies! Sorry it took me so long to update. It's been rough. But I can say I'm grateful. I will say I tried to make this one fairly long as well as the next chapter to make up for it. Again, thanks for sticking with me. 💙 and Happy New Year 🎆🎊
-🌻-

 💙 and Happy New Year 🎆🎊 -🌻-

She was 17....

...her baby was completely unplanned, some would say even more so than others.

She was a straight A student, always did as she was told, even about to graduate high school with a 4.5 GPA with a scholarship lined up.

She had done everything right.

So it was okay for her to let loose a little bit at her last high school gathering...

...right?

She could recall running to the door to meet her friends, waving goodbye to the unsuspecting future grandparents, getting into the car and driving off down the the dusk paved street without a care in the world.

She'd never drank before. She convinced herself that college would be filled with parties like this, so she might as well get used to it, not realizing the concoction was called hunch punch for a reason.

The juice-like drink hadn't revealed it's true effects until after her fourth glass of this, which she had deemed it due to its lack of alcohol flavor and constantly joked with her friends despite their attempts to convince her otherwise.

It wasn't until she was barely able to stand while trying ironically dancing to "Doo Wop (That Thing)" by Lauryn Hill, that this juice had fucked her up.

Wobbly and vision blurred she made her way through the crowd, trying to find any escape to a quiet area.

Her head was pounding and the walls seemed to become slopes, just wanting her to fall from using them as props.

Her friends were long left behind in the noise as she managed to slip into an unoccupied room, shutting everything down to muffled cadences as she plopped down to the floor, propping herself up against the side of the bed and out of view from the door.

She tried closing her eyes, only to quickly open them each time. She'd never been on a boat before, but she imagined this was extremely close to how it felt to be sloshed around by a cluster of angry waves.

She was concentrating so hard on holding down her bowel that the sound of the door opening and shutting had gone unnoticed.

They too, were unaware of the company as they held their head, trying to cope with their own intoxication. They hadn't planned on even coming, but got dragged along by friends and now needed a quiet place to sooth their throbbing skull.