6.

Alex's POV

"You're going to wish you didn't do that," he adds.

I scream as loud as I can. "David! Please help! David!" I bang on the door and continue to shout.

The guard slaps his hand over my mouth and I bite his hand and then elbow him.

He shoves me forward against the door, and my head bangs against the wood, making my vision blur for a moment.

"David isn't coming. He's not allowed to leave patients unattended. I'm all you've got." I turn around to face him and kick him where I know it will hurt.

Hard.

I scream out in pain when I realize I kicked him with my sprained ankle.

I don't care. I'm going to fight until my last breath.

Which might be soon judging by the look on this mans face.

I've seen this look before. When I was young and naive. After that night, everything changed.

I don't move, even when he starts taking slow steps towards me. I stay completely frozen in place. My brain is screaming at me to do something, but my body refuses.

"David," I whisper one more time, hoping by some miracle I get away again.

He kicks my ankle with so much force that I fall to the ground. "I broke a grown man just an hour ago," he says, referring to the man who could barely keep his eyes open. "You're not ready for what I'm about to do to you."

He stomps his foot down on my back and I cry out in pain.

I get up, even though I want to stay on the floor. 'Till my last breath.

He shoves me back and I expect to hit the door. Instead, I fly back into someone's arms.

"What are you doing?" David asks. I let out a sigh and lean back against him. Thank God.

"Just having some fun. Why are you here? Did you leave the other patient? That's against protocol."

"F*ck protocol. Get the hell out of here!" David shouts.

The guard smirks and walks out the room. "I'll see you later," he whispers to me and then walks away.

David turns me around to face him and frowns, his eyes scanning over my face. I lean on him to take some pressure off my foot. "What did he do?"

I avert my eyes to the floor. "I'm fine. He kicked my ankle and hurt me a bit but I'm okay."

Something changes in his eyes. "You weren't in a fight earlier, were you?" I don't reply, but David knows the answer.

"These guards are full of shit. The office should do something about it but they don't care about anyone in this prison." He shakes his head and leads me back to the bed.

As I lie down, I wince. My whole body starts to ache. Maybe it's the combination of earlier and what happened now, but it feels like everything those guards did to me is going to leave marks all over me.

At least there's no blood, I guess. At least I'm not dead, yet.

David looks at me worriedly. "Where is it hurting the most?"

"I'm fine," I mumble.

"You don't have to be tough right now, okay? Just tell me the truth."

"My foot feels like it's on fire," I admit. "And my back really hurts, too."

David sits me upright again and starts pressing all over my back, until he reaches a spot where the guard stepped on me. I hold back a stifled cry. "It's not bad. It will hurt for a bit and will bruise but it's nothing too serious. Your ankle will have to rest. Don't put any pressure on it, alright? If anything gets worse just come back and we can do an x-ray."

"How am I going to rest? What about when I have to eat or something. These guards won't just carry me around." David slowly makes my lie back down and elevates my foot. He takes an ice pack and puts it over my ankle.

"I'll tell Cage. He's a bit more considerate."

"By considerate you mean he won't try to break every bone in my body. How sweet," I say and roll my eyes.

"That's about the best you've got in this place, sweetheart," he admits with a shake of his head.

"Can't I stay here?" I question.

"Unfortunately you're not allowed to except for life threatening injuries. I would try bend the rules, but I've already left an inmate alone in the next room so I shouldn't push it."

I nod in understanding. "Thanks for breaking the rules to help me."

"Of course. I could hear you screaming, I wasn't just going to ignore that." I give him a small smile and close my eyes.

David presses some sort of buzzer and calls for Cage to come get me.

A little while later, Cage walks in and I keep my eyes closed but I listen as David explains what happened to Cage.

"Is she okay now?"

"After what she's been through today, I doubt it. Her ankle could have gotten worse now, so I want to keep her a little longer to monitor that. She's definitely not going to be okay in terms of trauma. Nobody should have to go through what she went through today."

I wish today was the first time.

My fist grabs at the thin blanket David put over me.

"I hate those guys. If I ever get them alone... man." I could hear that Cage was angry. "With the shit they get away with, they should be executed too."

David says something, but I'm so tired that I don't hear it. My brain just wants to shut off, so I let it happen and fade away into the darkness.

0•0•0•0•0

Okay I have two things to say that I need your help with.

1) Should I keep this title or change it to Cage? I don't know. I like both but I don't know if Cage was confusing as to the storyline and stuff. Eh, vote?

2) I put a cast, for those who haven't seen yet, so go check it out and comment what you think ;)

Qotd: what's the last thing you said to someone?

T w i t t e r : xPineappleGirlx
I n s t a g r a m : laylaawrites
Y o u t u b e : xThePineappleGirlx

Lots of love and jelly tots - xThePineappleGirlx