preface

Author's Notes (Read First!!!)

Hello, and welcome to my new fanfiction!

As you've all noticed from the summary, this will be a genderswap Dramione fanfiction. I just want to answer some questions I can already anticipate before you try to read this little fic of mine.

1. Why did you choose 'Hermes' for Hermione's male counterpart?

Hermione's male name is easy to choose. "Hermione" is part of the Greek mythology so choosing "Hermes" as her male counterpart was the simplest choice.

2. Why did you choose 'Iris' for Draco's female counterpart?

Draco's female name, on the other hand, proved to be much more difficult. Genderswap Dramione is scarce in fanfiction world, just so you know. Those I've seen either manipulated the name 'Draco' to sound more feminine (Dracilla, Draka, Dianne, etc.) or chose an entirely different constellation-inspired name such as Cassiopeia, Lyra, etc. The former didn't sit well with me so the latter seemed more probable. However, after much thinking, I've realized that Narcissa was the only Black member with a non-constellation name, making her special. Thinking that Lucius wanted a son, his disappointment might be humongous not to care what name will be given to his daughter. And Narcissa, knowing that her daughter will be special like her, should be named like her. Hence, 'Iris' was born. In the language of flowers, a purple iris symbolizes royalty, which I think is very fitting for a Pureblood heiress of the Sacred Twenty-Eight.

3. Did you change the sexes of the other characters too?

No, I've decided to retain all the other character's sexes. Changing Hermione and Draco's sexes effectively changes some dynamics already, so it would be exhausting to try to create a whole different world wherein everybody has changed genders.

4. Is this canon compliant?

As far as the whole Harry Potter plot is concerned, yes. However, due to the genderswap dramione, there were some scenes I tweaked just to suit the plot.

This fanfic is non-epilogue compliant, though. It's Dramione, after all.

5. How many chapters will there be?

I'm still in the process of writing this fic but roughly, there might be 10 chapters at least.

—-

Anyway, that's it for my ramblings. I've really wanted to read genderswap Dramione but the search has been abysmal. Hence, with quarantine and all, I've decided to write one myself.

Please be kind with your comments! English isn't my first language and I'm a little rusty with my writing but I do try my best.

Give this story a chance, dearies!