e i g h t e e n

The next day, Aerin entered the school's doors and as she walked to her locker, she spotted Jeno and Somin being all lovey dovey as if nothing happened the day before

The next day, Aerin entered the school's doors and as she walked to her locker, she spotted Jeno and Somin being all lovey dovey as if nothing happened the day before. Aerin didn't know what she expected but she was sure disappointed.

'Of course he'd choose his girlfriend.'

The whole morning Aerin didn't want to talk to Jeno and he learned it the hard way as he greeted her with his usual eyesmile but she just looked at him with a blank face before sitting down without saying a word. When lunch time came around Jinhee, Chenle, Jisung and Aerin sat at a table enjoying their fancy lunch as usual, "How do you think they made mini carrot?", Jinhee asked, inspecting the tiny vegetable on her fork.

"They put a baby seed and a carrot seed in a hole, cover them with soil and water them.", Jisung said, jokingly as he took a bite of a mini carrot.

Jinhee's eyes widened at the youngest's answer, "Really?!"

Aerin chuckled at her innocence and said, "No, sweetheart, baby seeds do not exist.", making Jinhee pout as she glared at Jisung who stuck his tongue out at her.

Their conversation were interrupted when they noticed three guys, standing next to their table, trays in hands just like Jisung and Chenle a week before.

"Hey, do you mind if we sit here?", Jaemin asked, giving them a smile.

"Not at all.", Aerin answered.

Luckily the four sat at a bigger table that day, allowing the three newbies, Jaemin, Renjun and Donghyuck, a possibility to sit down.

"Why aren't you guys sitting with Jeno?", Jinhee asked.

Renjun sighed before answering, "He's just being an idiot right now, let's just be honest. This toxic thing with Somin has been going on for so long and we never did anything because it was his relationship."

"We did told him what we think about it but he never really listened to us. We were always there for him though every time he got into a big fight with her.", Jaemin added.

"But yesterday was it for us. She physically hurt you and we couldn't just ignore it and eat at the same table as her as if nothing happened.", Donghyuck said.

"I don't know why he's still with her. He's our best friend but you are our friend too and his girlfriend just went too far this time.", Renjun said, shaking his head disapprovingly.

"I really hope Jeno hyung will open his eyes soon.",Chenle said.

Aerin looked at Jeno's table and saw that it was quickly filled with Somin's friends as Jeno looked down at his plate, chopsticks in hand but only moving the food around and not actually eating it. He seemed kind of sad, not having his friends around really affected him which made Aerin feel a little bad for him. On the other hand, Somin seemed to enjoy her lunch more than usual not even knowing what was coming for her in a near future.

 On the other hand, Somin seemed to enjoy her lunch more than usual not even knowing what was coming for her in a near future

a/n: jeno smh 🤦🏻‍♀️ what do you think will happen next? 🤔