e i g h t e e n

if you are reading this story on any other platform apart from Wattpad (https://www.wattpad.com/home) you are very likely to be at the risk of a malware attack. if you wish to read this story in it's original, safe form please go to (https://www.wattpad.com/user/a_soft_bun). thank you!

e i g h t e e n

It's a couple of hours later, the night well past midnight. The dark musk outside clings to the windows, it's sheath cold and calloused. After the King and Queen left, Uriah and Jayden followed promptly after conducting a formal thanks and a goodbye to the hosting pack. The wolves there were confused as to the sudden leaving, but none of them pressed the issue.

Adah's now curled into her bed, the sheets snug around her, feeling warm and safe with the scent of her mate surrounding her. Her head lulls into her pillow, eyes wide and thinking. 

She feels like a small girl again all of a sudden, afraid and hurt. She knew that even a glimpse of her family would make her feel like this, but she didn't know that it'd hit her that hard.

It wasn't even just her family, it was the entire last two weeks that suddenly came crashing down on her. It's as if she had locked away her fears and doubts, and put on a brave face and acted as a Queen without regarding these fears. She had never acknowledged anything her past her did to her, and tonight was the first time she had some form of closure. The moment she saw her family, and had confronted her true mate, her heart cracked open with the pain, and all of it suddenly flooded her.

She hated the fact that she felt so vulnerable– Queen's were meant to be strong, much stronger than her. Yet, in this moment all she wants is to stop feeling strong, to stop feeling brave and have someone else do it for her, have someone else look after her.

Her dark brown eyes pool. Her stomach feels hollow. She feels disgusting, empty and out of it. The wolf within her has retreated someplace deep, unable to be her rock in this moment. Her finger comes up to brush the tear drops away, and she swallows, feeling numb.

The main light was still on in the room, and Adah decided to wear only a black hoodie as she slept, the hood up over her curls, wanting that extra layer of comfort and protection.

The shower ran from the bathroom, the water hitting the drain. She can hear the water turn off eventually, some shuffling before the bathroom door is shut, and a figure emerges into the bedroom. Her eyes follow her mate, her eyelashes dewy and wet. They watch him vigorously towel dry his hair. He wore nothing but black boxers.

The bed dips when he enters. Adah is on her side, her face away from him.

His touch is tender, as they reach for her, hands slipping underneath her hoodie and laying flat on her stomach, pulling her to him. His torso presses hard against her back. She's entirely surrounded by him alone – there is no room to think about anything else but him. Adah shifts onto her back, face facing upwards to him.

His eyes are dangerously light, narrowed with soft concern for her. His brows furrow, and his features only stay upon her. They watched her eyes, that were wet and sullen. They watched the few curls that peeked from underneath her hoodie. Her eyes brush across his tattooed form. His finger comes up, tenderly brushing away her tears, his face inching near hers.

"Why are you crying?" his voice is soft, another caress to her cheek.

"I don't know," the words are nothing but a whisper, wiping her eyes and sitting up. Micajah pulls her into his lap.

"I just-," the words can't leave her lips.

"I just-I just need-," her head dips as she takes a deep inhale.

"I just need you," she's almost defeated as her head leans against his chest. His arms wrap around her tightly, securely, providing a safe haven only for her.

She loves this, loves being only surrounded by him. He intrudes everything, her space, her mind and her thoughts. Her wolf croons against him.

"You have me," the words are said with husky confidence – Adah would never not have him. Adah sniffles against him, the wolf in disbelief.

Micajah didn't blame her. Adah didn't have anyone there for her growing up, she didn't have parents that told her they loved her, or a true mate that would give up everything for her. She didn't even have wolves that understood her.

Adah didn't have anyone but herself for most of her life. That wasn't now the case. Micajah would be her everything.

"You have me Adah. You will always have me. I will be there for you, through every moment of sadness and every moment of happiness. I will be there to pick you up if you fall down. I will be there to keep you high when you've reached those heights. Adah I promise you. I only exist for you and for you alone," her dark brown eyes look up at him wide, the wolf within her needing this validation, needing this promise.

Her eyes melt into content, form slowly relaxing and the tears subsiding. She snuggles against him.

"And I'm not just saying that because of the bond we share. Even if I hadn't marked you, I still think I would feel like this. Adah, you're a wolf with a beautiful soul. You've done everything for this pack, for this Kingdom, without question. You've done so much for me Adah. More than you know. How can I not feel something for you?" The King pulls her closer, his fingers tracing patterns on her back.

"I don't believe you were born with a broken soul. Not at all. You aren't anything that other wolves make you out to be. You may be more wolf than man, but you are one of the best wolves that I have ever encountered. Ever," she mumbles against him, voice soft.

Her face looks up at him, and the King leans down for a kiss. Her lips are soft against his. He kisses her forehead after, and pulls the covers.

Adah sleeps in his arms for the entire night.

A/N - so yeah.