011. crazed

( 𝒉𝒖𝒎𝒂𝒏𝒊𝒕𝒚'𝒔 𝒇𝒂𝒖𝒍𝒕𝒔 ).
eleven.『 crazed 』

      𝐓𝐎 𝐒𝐀𝐘 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐈𝐍𝐃𝐈𝐆𝐎 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐖𝐀𝐑𝐘 𝐎𝐅 𝐖𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐁𝐀𝐁𝐋𝐘 𝐀𝐍 𝐔𝐍𝐃𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐌𝐄𝐍𝐓

𝐓𝐎 𝐒𝐀𝐘 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐈𝐍𝐃𝐈𝐆𝐎 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐖𝐀𝐑𝐘 𝐎𝐅 𝐖𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐁𝐀𝐁𝐋𝐘 𝐀𝐍 𝐔𝐍𝐃𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐌𝐄𝐍𝐓. As she began to better process what had happened less than four hours ago, Indigo scooted back on the ground, away from the water using her uninjured leg to push herself away, as though fearing whatever had swallowed up that on tribute would lunge out of the water and attack her too.

She had hardly moved for the past few few hours, to overcome with shock to actually move. She'd been nearly killed, hand killed and had watched someone get eaten all in the span of ten minutes.

And yet she was alive.

It seemed impossible. She had been in the careers grasp, and if only they'd killed her right away she would be dead. Instead they had decided to play around and give the Capitol a show, which had somehow worked in her favor.

Her hands were shaking and finally as if being brought back to life she started to feel conscious again, alive. She could feel the area on her neck where the boy's meaty hands had tried to choke her, could feel the dried blood on her body, and how her knee was hurting from the effort it had been put through, between pretty much being sliced open to be being forced to run and then toss a human body over her own.

It was a surprise it wasn't infected, or torn off and not working at this point.

Indie felt her stomach growl and looked toward her bag that sat a few feet away, and then forward the water to see blood still shining in it. It was as though the sight chased her hunger away.

But she still needed to get going.

Shakily she grabbed onto the tree and tried to hoist herself up, but when she bit weight onto her leg it seemed to finally be too much for her leg to handle and she dropped back to the ground, taking deep breaths. She wasn't going to survive if she couldn't even stand. She sat there for a second, just trying to breath again before her eyes found a stick to her left, and an idea popped into her head.

She had seen one of the other tributes do this before, and she reached out and took the long stick, pulling herself to her feet and this fine using the stick as a crutch which worked rather well it seemed. Groaning, she leaned on it, sending it sinking a few feet into the mud. Sighing, she sat back down, before grabbing her bag and pulling it into her lap, seeing she was running low on bandages, but there were only a few people left, meaning she probably wouldn't have to do carefully ration.