Chapter 32 |Arnav investigates|

Laila Badr Hadid, that name lay written on that very paper, right in front of him.

Arnav didn't know how to feel about this.

A part of his heart was jumping with joy, with elation, with pride and the other part consisted of mixed ineffable feelings. He could never in a million years imagine, that such day would ever exist. To say he was proud of her would be a statement, but now he was impatiently looking forward to work with her.

Does she know about this already?

Whatever it may be, he wouldn't let her back down from this now.

Let's get the games started!

~~**~~

After concentrating on work for a couple good hours, Khushi decided to give her sister a call.

She picked up after a few rings.

"Hey jiji! Kaisi ho?" (Hey jiji! How are you?)

"I'm fine! Tu bata, kya ker rahi hai?" (I'm fine! You tell, what are you upto?)

"Kuch nahi jiji, I was just busy with work. Itna kuch karna baki hai. Kuch deyr mainey dusri company ko kya deal ker liya, this company reached heights of piled up work in no time." She sighed. (Nothing much jiji. There's just so much to do. I left this company for some time and attended the other one, and it reached heights of piled up work in no time.)

"Oho! Chal koi baat nai! Tu araam sey kaam ker and don't stress yourself too much, tujhe pata hai na pichli baar kya kua tha?" Payal reminded her sister of the time when Khushi had been working nonstop, day and night, and because of dehydration, exhaustion and lack of sleep she fainted in her office. (Oh no! Don't worry too much about it. Just take it easy and don't stress yourself too much. You remember what happened the last time, now don't you?)

Khushi's mind drifted to that incident and she chuckled like a lunatic as if it was funny.

"Has mat Khushi, it was a serious matter. Woh toh shukar hai teri assistant ney mujhe time pey bata dia, otherwise you wouldn't have told me and resumed with that unhealthy routine of yours." Payal scolded. (Don't laugh Khushi, it was a serious matter. Thank god that your assistant informed me on time otherwise you wouldn't have told me and resumed that way.)

"Okayyyyy!" Cried Khushi, getting annoyed. "I'll be fine jiji, I swear."

"Acha meri baat sun." (Listen)

"Farmaiye!" (Tell)

"I saw you standing with Arnav this morning. Did you...talk to him?"

"Y-yeah"

"Sahi tarhan bata na." (Tell me clearly.)

"Kya bataun jiji? It wasn't anything serious. He just apologized to me and we had a formal conversation. Uskay baad." She fell silent. (What shall I tell jiji? After that..)

"Uskay baad kya Khushi?" (After that what Khushi?)

"Uskay baad.... Uskay baad he hugged me!" She could hear Payal gasp loudly at the other end.

"Tu toh keh rahi thi you wouldn't even talk to him toh phir?" Asked Payal curiously. (You were saying that you wouldn't even talk to him then why?)

How could Khushi explain that, how could she refuse when he asked her looking like....that!
How could she refuse when she secretly too wanted the same but would've never said it.

"It was just a formal hug and he asked for it. It wasn't like I initiated it or something. I didn't want to look as if I was giving him any attention."