Chapter 8:

Kaine

"We are not going." I said burying my head into the pillow.

"Kaine get the fuck up!" Shelly said snatching the pillow then hitting me in the head with it.

"I'ma let you get away with that shit this one time." I said towards the fact that she called me Kaine.

"Forreal, come on because your mom already called me twice. Here put this on." I looked towards her as she held some khaki shorts and blue shirt.

"Oh hell no, take them lil ass shorts off." I said after I looked over her outfit seeing what she had on matched what she wanted me to wear.

"They are not lil." She said looking down at them.

"Ya ass is out."

"Now you are being extra, lyin ass." She said rolling her eyes walking out the room. "Get the fuck up, get showered, and dressed!"

I groaned getting up. I'm not in the mood to be dealing with family today. I don't want to be questioned since I am the last King bringing somebody around. And I damn sure don't feel like being bothered with Aunt Shay and Zoe's shit.

*

"You was deadass about wearing them lil ass shorts tho?" I had to ask one more time as we pulled off.

I nodded, scuffing as she just rolled her eyes. I turned the music up and then sped all the way to my mom's.

"What's up Kaine?" Nel asked as we walked into the house. I just looked at her before walking pass her into the kitchen.

Shelly

"Ooh somebody got a attitude." Nel said hugging me.

"Are my shorts even that short?" I asked her.

"No. Just ya ass and thighs is poking and that'll have niggas looking that's why he mad. You need to share some of that thickness with me."

"Shit, you can have some girl. I think it's too damn much."

"Bitch you better love that shit as much as ya nigga love it. Ain't shit wrong with you girl." I nodded sighing because she right, only if it could be that simple to me tho.

"The hell?" Me and Nel said at the same time as a boom was heard from the kitchen.

"Yo real shit Z I'll beat you the fuck up over my girl cut the fuckin playin!" Kaine snapped as Brandon was pushing him out of the kitchen. Kaine pushed Brandon's hands off of him before going out back.

"What the hell is going on?" Mama asked walking into the house from the backyard.

"Exactly, because ain't nobody putting their hands on my son." A lady said.

I raised my eyebrows as I peeped Nel roll her eyes.

"Bitch mind ya business with ya old ass." Karma mumbled as she walked out of the kitchen passing us.

I had a look of surprise on my face, yet still very confused on what the fuck was really going on.

"What did your lil fast ass say Karma?"

"Ain't shit fast about me. I obviously said it low so you couldn't hear it, but since you wanna know I SAID bitch mind ya business with ya old ass."

"Bitch don't disrespect my mom. I already don't like yo ass and don't have a problem slapping you." Zoe said coming to stand next to her mom.

Karma blinked with a blank face as she punched Zoe in her face. I cringed watching her head snap back from that punch.