Chapter eight

Confessions

"...actually it doesn't matter, sorry for waking you." Anakin said after many moments of silence, his eyes shifting away from me as he left again, leaving me stood in the doorway wondering what exactly just happened.

A few hours later the sun began to shine in through the soft cream curtains of my current room; though I was already awake when they did, I hadn't slept to well after Anakins surprise vist, after all I really wanted to know what he was going to say...

Prehaps I'll ask him later...

Yeah...later, when we get a moments alone...

I got up and began to get dressed; taking a quick shower since I had a little time, not washing my hair however since there's noting worse than going out feeling cold and damp. As I was reaching for my robes I remembered how we were surposed to be traveling out of uniform, and that Padme was going to lend me something to wear. So, after some self debate about being seen I quietly left the room, holding the towel close to my body as I made my way over to hers, knocking lightly in case she was still asleep.

"Who is it?" I heard her hum in response, and I could've sworn someone else was whispering in there.

"It's (y/n) senator, I was wondering if you had something for me to wear, my apoligies for disturbing you." I responded polietly, somewhat curious as to whether I really could sense another presence inside. There was few shuffling and small thuds that followed my response, then footsteps headed to the door before it slid open to reavel the senator herself smiling back at me kindly.

"Ah, yes of course, please come in." She said softly while stepping aside to let me in before walking over and to a clothes rail.

"Thank you senator." I replied while walking in with a slight bow of my head, eyes drifting around her room and marveling at the beautiful decorations. As I stood at the foot of her bed, I got the feeling someone was watching us, my eyes narrowing slightly towards the barely open door of a closet.

"Here, I hope this will do." She responded saying, snapping me out my thoughts to look round with a gratful smile. As my eyes driffted form her face to her hands I saw a rather lovey looking navy dress, a dark grey shaul draped over the top of the hanger, perfect for using as a loose hood.

"Thank you it looks perfect," I said while taking it with one hand, being sure not to let it drag on the floor as I held it up, admiring the fine detailed pattens stiched onto the hems. "Well, I best go change before anything embaressing happens." I said, still very aware I was only wearing a towel.