Ch. 5 - Party, Basement, Alcohol

Song: Paralyzed by NF
Words: 1820
Published: May 22, 2020
Rayna's POV

I feel the wind in my fur; the dirt and grass and rocks beneath my paws; the nice, summer air flowing through my nostrils and lungs, still with a tint of spring; the smells of plants, flowers, dirt, critters, wolves. I can practically taste everything. My vision is so much sharper than it is in human form, even though over the years I've mastered how to use my wolf senses at any time. I hear the wind in my ears but can also pinpoint the slightest sound of someone or something near.

As much as I don't like how my wolf looks, I love being in my form. For some reason, my inner wolf, who has yet to tell me her name, is very reserved. I can always feel her in the back of my mind, but she rarely steps forward or talks to me. I feel her the strongest when I'm in pain. She heals me. I've only heard her voice a small handful of times. She has a very motherly aura to her, and her voice is soft, quiet, and soothing.

For a few years I harbored a huge hatred for her. She let me outgrow that on my own. I blamed her for the bullying from her fur, but I eventually realized that she couldn't control anything any more than I could. I don't necessarily like her, though, because I don't really know her. I guess that she's just my wolf and I'm just her human. That's how things are.

I reach the edge of the woods. Time to head back.

*~* Third Person POV *~*

School ended on a Friday. It's Sunday now, the day of Naomi's graduation party. Rayna looks at herself in the mirror. She's dressed in a nice, dark blue halter top matched with a pair of black leggings. It's a warm summer day, so she doesn't know how hot she'll get. She styles her hair up in a bun to try and stay a little cool.

So far, nothing bad has happened. It's putting her on edge. She feels like something really bad is about to happen. Something big. She's talked to Ray about it, which she guesses makes her feel a little better, but not much.

She slips on her shoes and out of the house.

She's surprising Naomi. Since it's her party, she couldn't come to pick Rayna up, and therefore assumed Rayna couldn't come. If Rayna shifts, she can make it there.

She heads into the woods. Once out of sight and sure no one's near, she strips naked. She ties her clothes around her ankle and wrist and sets her shoes down.

She closes her eyes and reaches out to her wolf, thinking about how it feels to be in her form and what her form looks like. There's a few light cracking sounds before she's in wolf form. She shakes out her fur and stretches. Her wolf is slightly smaller than the average female werewolf, which she figures is from her short height and diet. After picking up her shoes in her mouth, she heads out to Naomi's neighborhood.

She's there in seven minutes flat. She shifts back, gets dressed, and heads onto the sidewalk. She walks down the street to Naomi's house, where there's games set up in the yard and people littered everywhere.

Rayna doesn't see Naomi in the yard. She heads up the drive, slipping past people, and into the house. Naomi's sitting on the couch, facing away from the door. Rayna smiles.

"Boo," she whispers in Naomi's ear. The orange haired girl turns her head, her smile doubling in size when she sees her best friend.

"Rayna! You made it!" she squeals, standing up.

"Yeah." Rayna giggles.

Naomi walks around the couch and over to Rayna to hug her. Rayna hugs back, patting Naomi on the back.