Chapter Forty Seven - Past

Past

Victoria

I was due in a month, and I can't say that things were any easier than how they used to be but they were still better.

During the initial months of my pregnancy, Tyler was extra possessive. He wouldn't even let me lift my bag-pack which was totally ridiculous because my bag didn't weigh a lot. He also put restrictions on basically anything that included physical activity, but since I was born a rebel, I would go on walks and things like that without his knowledge and that gave me satisfaction even if it was a little. He wasn't always overbearing though, sometimes Tyler was super sweet. He would sneak packets of m&m's into my bag, catch me off guard with a kiss, or shower me with small gifts. I hated expensive gifts, so he would bring me budget-friendly stuff and that told me how much Tyler was trying to be good at this.

Things changed a little when I took a break from school the following months when my baby bump started to show, and it turned out that I was going to have to repeat the senior year of high school, so Tyler's plans of going to college together weren't happening anyway. I should have been sad since I wasn't going to be graduated with my friends anymore, but all I felt was relief.

Repeating a year meant I didn't have to leave town.

When I told him what was going to happen, Tyler was upset, he was furious and said that his father could "pull a few strings", which meant he was exactly making me out to be the kind of girl that Harper's gang thought I was; someone who wanted to freeload off their wealthy boyfriends and who used their sources for themselves.

And I wasn't that person. I had far too much pride and dignity to let Tyler take that away from me.

Mom had invited Tyler over for dinner, and I couldn't help but wonder if this was going to be just another family dinner and her getting to know him better or if there was going to be drama, my bets were on the latter. Knowing that Mom could morph into Ursula any minute into a friendly conversation, I warned Tyler about it.

He was very calm about the dinner invite and was sure he could use his charms on my Mom, and I was pretty darn sure he could pull it off if he left his condescending attitude home.

At exactly eight p.m., Tyler stood at the doorstep with a large bouquet of red roses in his hand and an infectious smile. "Hey."

He wore a blue shirt that matched the color of his eyes, and the fabric highlighted his toned body to perfection, and those jeans looked great on him, especially his ass and he'd worn it today purposefully because it was my favorite.

I stared at him dreamily, the father of my child. It had such a nice ring to it.

I wonder if the baby would have blue eyes like his or gray like mine.

He swooped me into his arms and rained kisses all over my face. "Have I told you how gorgeous you look, Mommy?" he whispered close to my ear.

I pointed at the bouquet, "Is that for me?"

"Hell no," he said playfully.

Mom was standing near the door watching the exchange with a curious expression on her face, "Hi Tyler."

"Hello Mrs. Lane," He flashed the charming smile towards my mother and handed her the flowers, "These are for you."

My mom smiled and it looked genuine, "Thank you, Tyler. These are beautiful."

"Not as much as you though," He complimented her.

Right answer.

She beamed at him and welcomed him inside.