Chapter Forty Eight - Past

Past

Victoria

I should have just left the diary alone.

Wouldn't I be pissed if someone read my diary without my knowledge? I knew I would so I had no right to do this to Tyler.

He'd kept this diary a secret for years, not even Archer was aware of what was written inside it. Maya would have certainly been last on the list to read it. While I had no clue what he wrote inside it, I knew that it was part of his therapy and that his mom had asked him to do it. Reading Tyler's diary would be like opening a Pandora box. The pages inside could be reciting his deepest, darkest thoughts, secrets, and things that I'd always wanted to find out about him, and truthfully, I wasn't sure if I wanted to do this.

Not only would I be invading his privacy, but also breaking his trust. And against my better judgment, I was about to take that step.

The temptation was hard to resist.

Once I started reading the diary, there would be no turning back. I couldn't just unsee or bleach my mind of whatever that was in it.

How bad could it be anyway?

Maybe animal sacrifices or joining some weird-ass punk gang or even running a satanic cult? Although I could imagine Tyler being part of the latter.

What if he had cheated on me and wrote about that?

I could sit here and keep guessing until I went mad or I could just flip through these pages and get over it. I'd deal with it later.

I opened the book and flipped through the first page.

Just then I heard the sounds of footsteps approaching so I closed the diary, made a run towards my bag lying near the bed, and slipped the diary inside it.

Tyler walked inside the room holding a tray filled with food and two tall glasses of flavored milk. "What's up, Mommy?" He eyed me warily as he placed the food on the bed, "Something wrong?"

"Nothing," I said quickly, acting natural.

The last thing I needed was to act strangely and have Tyler think that something was fishy.

He ate a piece of kiwi from the fruit bowl, still analyzing me with those smoldering blue eyes, "If you say so."

"I...I need to get going home," I said.

His brow arched up, "So soon? I assumed we were having dinner together."

"Well, you assume a lot of things, don't you?" I didn't regret that I was being snarky.

He fed Snowball a piece of cabbage and grinned, "Are pregnant women usually this moody?"

I swear I wanted to smack that grin off his face and kiss him at the same time. "It's my first time so I wouldn't know."

He snaked an arm around my waist and pulled me against him, I gasped at the suddenness of his actions. His other hand went up to tangle in my hair and his gaze never wavered from mine, "Are you trying to hide something from me?"

I kept my face neutral because Ty was a pro at reading faces and I needed to be careful about not letting him find out about his stolen diary. "What would I be hiding from you?" I whispered, maintaining the eye-contact.

"I don't know, Vicky. I think you're always looking for trouble."

I rolled my eyes. "Do I need to keep reminding you that I'm going to be the mother of your baby? My rebellious days are already behind me, Genius."