everbody get down

tw: mentions of blood and brief violence. if theres anything i missed lmk <3 stay safe babes

With only five days until Christmas, Lee found herself having tea with her parents. She had cut back her hours at the ministry as she got closer to the event that she dreaded thinking of.

She was seven months along now, and had stopped going to Order meetings entirely. She was kept up to date by Tonks, who had became a bit of a confidant. Tonks was kind and understanding, and the two women bonded over their equal hatred of being called their birth name.

Lee greatly appreciated Tonks, considering she didnt have many friends she talked to now a days.

She would give anything to be with the bright metamorphagus than where she was now. She was sat in the lounge, experiencing a very quiet and awkward tea.

It was awful.

Both of her parents had gotten better. Her father, though originally mad, had settled down and was sort of excited to be a grandfather. He didnt show it on his face.

Lee's mother, however, was very clear in her joy. She had taken her daughter shopping for baby things so many times over the short time since she was told. Lee had enough baby socks to last a life time.

The awkward silence was interrupted by commotion on the streets. Lee got up and pulled back the lace curtain just the slightest bit. Her heart jumped to her throat when she saw the familiar black cloaks.

"Mum, Dad," she whispered as they got closer. "We've got to go."

"Ophelia, what's going on?" Her mother questioned. "Are those people screaming?"

Lee was about to answer the panicked woman, when the front door burst open with a loud explosion.

She drew her wand, taking a defensive stance as Lee moved back towards her parents. Several Death Eaters flooded into the home.

Lee cast a series of curses at them. She took down two.

But not the third.

The third death Eater laughed, taking her wand with a hiss of 'expelliarmus', leaving the three defenseless. He began to walk towards them.

"Little mudblood got herself knocked up, eh?" He grinned maliciously.

He now stood mere meters away. With a burst of uncharacteristic courage, her father lunged at the man. A flash of green and he fell down, dead. Lee screamed in horror.

"Scum like you should know your place," the Death Eater hissed. He gripped her chin tightly, forcing her to face him. "Tell me, is that muggle spawn you carry? Do you filthy pigs breed to take our magic?"

"Fuck off," Lee hissed. "I'm more a witch than you are a wizard."

The man just laughed.

"Oh you shouldn't have said that," he grinned. He pointed his wand to her mother, hissing, "Crucio."

Her mother's screams filled the house. Lee begged him to stop. He did not. He only stopped when the other woman fell unconscious, unable to stay awake through the pain.

He turned back to Lee.

The Death Eater reached out, rubbing her swollen belly.

"Don't fucking touch me, dick head," she swung at him. He caught her arm, giving her a hard slap in return.

"So disobedient," he tutted. "I'm going to have to punish you now."

Lee's eyes wided, thinking of all the things he could do.

"Crucio."

He held her under the spell for a minute. One unbearable minute. She screamed, hot tears running down her face. It felt like needles prickling into her skin, and then being roughly torn out. All over her body she felt the agonizing fire.

When he stopped she needed several moments to catch her breath.

"Please," she panted. "Please stop."

The man seemed to consider the request. He backhanded her this time, his large rings catching on her cheek.

"No, I dont think I will."

He cast another dark spell, one she didn't recognize.

"Sectumsempra."

She gasped as the feeling of a knife stabbing her over took her senses. She saw her once yellow t-shirt bloom with a dark red.

"Oh, how I hope you die slowly," he taunted.

The man snapped her wand, dropping it in front of her. He then apparated away in a cloud of black.

Lee ignored the pain she was in, crawling over to her mother. She shook the woman hard, hoping to wake her.

Lee thanked Merlin, or God, or whoever was watching her at the moment, as her mother stirred.

"Wh-what," she groaned, sitting up. She looked at her blood soaked daughter. "Ophelia, you're bleeding."

"We have to go," Lee choked out. "The fireplace."

Her mother nodded. Though the woman didn't really understand the Floo Network, she had allowed her daughter to connect their house to it.

The older woman stood, though she still felt a shaky from the curse. Her daughter was more important at the moment. She didn't even want to contemplate the life of her grandchild, or her husband, who she believed was dead.

The two made it to the fireplace, Lee leaning heavily on her mother.

"St. Mungos," Lee told her.

The woman nodded, grabbing a handful of the grey powder. She didnt fully believe it would work.

She threw the powder down, shouting the name Lee had said.

Green flames burned around her, and they were spilling out of a different fireplace. There were bright lights all around.

Lee felt like she was going to throw up. Her mother began dragging them to the lobby. 30 meters seemed much farther when you were dying.

"Help," her mother screamed. "She-she needs help."

The shouts earned the attention of a mediwitch, who immediately ran to them when she saw blood. The woman called to the woman at the front desk, ordering for a room.

"What has happened?" The witch asked her mother.

"I, uh, these men, they-they attacked us," her mother scrambled to put the words together

"Death Eaters," Lee whispered, barely conscious.

"What spells were used?" The witch looked to her mother for answered once again. The witch was casting some stabilizing spells, waiting for other medical staff to arrive.

"Cruciatus," Lee hissed, feeling the sting of the charms the witch cast. "And something, Sectum, something. Dark, probably experimental."

The woman nodded.

"How far along?"

Lee couldn't answer the question. She was too scared to think of her child.

"Just over seven months," her mother answered.

"Miss, I am going to put you to sleep," the witch was now talking to Lee. "We are going to do everything we can to save you and your baby. I promise."

Lee only nodded.

The woman cast the spell, and Lee fell into darkness.