Prom Or Prosecute

Finally we were down the driveway and out of sight from his family. Not that I didn't like them, they were nice but I sensed something odd about them. I just wished we could have met under less stressful terms.

No hard feelings towards Duel's mother but soon as she let the cat out of the bag about Zoe my temper flared. However I put on a smile and continued to act pleasant in their presence but now I have Duel alone in his car. Turning my body so that I faced him I stared at his side profile. He continued to stare ahead but I knew that he was aware of me so I cleared my throat. "Everything okay?" He asked a bit cautiously .

Crossing my arm's I hissed. "What do you think? Why would that girl tell your parent's about us as if you were trying to keep us a secret?"

" I'm sure it was nothing. Probably casual conversation ". He defended her.

" If you say so". I huffed and then another thought hit me. "Are you trying to hide me?"

"What?" He said squinted his eyebrows as if he didn't understand my question .

"Are you trying to hide me from your family?" I asked matter of factly.

" No. Why would you think that? It's just that they live hour's away so there's never been the opportunity for you to meet them until now. "

"But you haven't told them about me?" I accused .

Blowing out an aggravated breath Duel spoke tightly. "Look, all families aren't like yours okay. I don't share every aspect of my life with them. It's nothing to do with you".

Okay, I can understand that and I excepted his explanation but something else wiggled in my mind. Was he still talking to Zoe? "Have you spoke to Zoe since the last time?"

I watched as his hands gripped the steering wheel tight. "Are we really going to do this on this special night?" He groaned.

"Hmmm... Seems like you're trying to avoid my question. I guess that's my answer". I snorted and turned to look out the passenger window.

" Fuck". Duel grumbled under his breath then continued. "No, I'm not trying to avoid the question. I'm trying to make this might special but since you are dead set on fucking it up let's do the damn thing. Yes, I've spoken to Zoe a few time's. No, there was nothing to the calls. Now lose your shit".

I spun around in the seat to glare at him. "Stop this car. Let me out now Duel Harper" .

He laughed. "I paid good money for that dress to ensure that you was the bell of the ball. We are going to this prom and you're going to fucking smile like the jackass that you are and have a fucking grand time. Am I understood?"

" Over my dead body". I warned.

Duel slowed the car and gave me a chilly look. "That can be arranged and right now it's so fucking tempting. I'd dismantle your jaw first then clip that vicious tongue out so I'd never have to hear that accusing tone of yours again. You'd be the perfect girlfriend if you couldn't speak."

I stared at him slack jawed. "Well you'd be the perfect boyfriend if you could be honest and stop talking to ho's."

" Sounds like you're the one with the problem melon. You don't trust me so you assume I'm dishonest. Let me put it this way, if I wanted Zoe I could have her right now but instead I'm shoved in this gorilla suit going to a fucking high school dance when instead I'd rather be off somewhere getting high and fucking you hard, but I'm here taking you to this retarded childish shindig just to make you happy ". Duel lashed out.

" You want honesty? Okay here's some honesty. If you only knew half the shit I've done you'd run from me as fast as you could. In fact you should run and pray that I allow you to go and not hunt you down. Before you I was hooking up with different chics nightly but since you there hasn't been any. I've never given up my ways for anyone, not even family. If that don't tell you something than I don't know what else to say".