2.

𝗖𝗮𝘆 𝗪𝗶𝗹𝗹𝗶𝗮𝗺𝘀
𝗠𝗲𝗺𝗽𝗵𝗶𝘀, 𝗧𝗲𝗻𝗻𝗲𝘀𝘀𝗲𝗲

"For homework, you will be expected to write a two-paragraph summary on Global Warming. That's all I had for you today please keep your volume down until the bell is rung." Mr.Green wrote the assignment on the broad and the due date.

"Definitely not doing that." Amaya shook her head fixing her cheer shirt.

"Girl how are you evening passing?" Melody asked putting some makeup on her face.

Amaya smirked not saying nothing, "Don't worry about that babes."

Just grown.

Not say nothing I looked at different nail designs for no reasoning knowing all I was going to get was white.

"Kay, can you send me a text where you got those earrings from?" Liz turned around swinging her red hair in my face smiling.

"It's Cay, and they were a gift from my dad." I blinked at her.

"Oh." She smiled turning around.

"Liz, are you coming with us to Erick's house party?" Amaya asked her.

The bell rung causing all the kids to stand, "All twelfth graders please report to the gym along with any teachers that have a twelfth-grade class during this period."

Grabbing my bookbag I carefully walked making sure nobody stepped on my shoes. "Girl you being too careful." A girl looked at me laughing.

"Need some shields." A boy beside her looked at them.

Nodding I walked out making my way to the gym seeing the sports team and cheerleaders outside the gym.

Walking through them I tried not to make any eye contact with them. "Cay!" Somebody called my name making me look up seeing Coach Lowe walking over by him, "Yes?"

"Walk with them in, I forgot we ain't have no manger no more."

"How you forgot you didn't have no team manager in the middle of the season?" I looked at him crazy.

"Well now you the manger, really didn't have a choice after you broke my damn blender." Coach Lowe, unfortunately, is my uncle and brought up anything I did to him in the past.

"Whatever" I mumbled.

He turned towards them soon as the cheerleaders got called in. "This y'all new team manager, Key." He introduced me making me look at him holding my breath.

"And now we have our very own state championship holding basketball ball team! Make some noise for there coach and team manager!"

My mouth dropped looking at him as he pushed me walking. I wasn't shy but being put of the spotlight out of no where was shocking.

Coach Lowe took the microphone as I stood the side of him, "Everybody know that we hold the state championship, but it's not all about that state. We have seniors going to colleges with offers from more than 10 colleges." Everybody started screaming and clapping. "This ain't no senior night I just had to out that out there."

"Now we have our very Bull dogs!" Principal James announced.

"You can sit over there"

Nodding I took a seat on the bleachers crossing my legs watching him name the players.

【________】

"Those are cute." I looked at her long nails. "How are you gonna do stuff?"

"Girl I been wearing these, you need to try it."

I looked at my white short nails shrugging, "Uncle L made me the basketball team manger today."

"And you want go be around all those boys?" She asked me as my nail lady finished my nails.

"It's just for fun so yeah."

"Good just want to make sure your comfortable,  we need to get your daddy to get us a fight to Atlanta. I need me a new bag and all." My mama looked at her nails making sure they were right.

"I do want Mario to do my hair again for my graduation pictures."

"You want something to eat?" She paid for our nails, "Keep the change."

Get exited I thought about hibachi, "Yes can we get some hibachi."

"Yeah I need to stop at this hair store for some heat protectant." She ran her hands through her long curly hair.

My mom was my inspiration, she grew up in Parkway village after my grandparents immigrated from India when she was a baby. My momma was wild but somehow became a great doctor, knowing how much hard work she had to put to make sure my brother and I  had a great life along with my dad made me want to be work harder."

"See now why this bitch decided to steal my park!" She yelled bonking her horn.

You could tell we were opposites, I was quite and preserved she on the other hand was loud and blunt. Around my family I was more louder.

"That's Liz mother." I wispered to get as we got out the car.

"Can't stand her or that uglyass daughter of hers, swear they got money but driving a 2002 Benz." She talked out loud not careing who heard her.

Total opposites